Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pacres

Warren Duncan Passes

A great loos indeed! :( I can not believe there has not been one single reply to this post. :huh: I met Warren Duncan in Odense, Denmark,where he demonstrated his remakable skills at creating hairwings salmonflies at an amazing speed. Despite beeing a very fast tyer the quality of his flies was outstanding!!!! I still use some of tricks for creating better and more durable hairwing salmon flies. The Duncan loop, securing floss butts and his way of tying in the hair to make the wing stronger was really outstanding and everybody should know about it.

Thank you Warren :)

I had the opportunity to email with Dunc on a number of occasions. Coincidentally, we share the same first name. I learned of his passing on the Yahoo Streamer Flies list, and am glad to have one of his flies, a Rangely streamer he tied for a swap among list members. He passed while tying flies at his desk, doing what he was passionate about. His death is a great loss to the fly tying community.

A great loos indeed! :( I can not believe there has not been one single reply to this post. :huh:

Hey There Scandinavian tyer,

There were several posts made on other parts of FTF, especially in the Classic Tying Forum, but also in others. I'm just seeing this one post now, I don't frequent this area much.

I'll be appearing at the Dieppe Fly Fishing Show this month and before this news arrived, looked much forward to running into Dunc again. It's sad that now I'll be attending a tribute for him at the show instead. I'm sure it will be packed to capacity seating as was his demonstration when my wife and I met him in 2005.

Here's a picture of his goodies table after the tying demo.

And another close up of some flies.

post-1500-1173393105_thumb.jpg

post-1500-1173393764_thumb.jpg