Fly Tying
Lesg

Global warming?

I woke up this morning to 8 inches of new snow. Just when you think it's over you have to drag the snowblower out one more time (I hope). I am beginning to doubt global warming alarmists. Guess i'll keep tying for another few weeks.

P.S. This not an April fools joke.

Depressed Les

Keep it there where ever you are Les because I am soooooo over winter! lol

Thankfully we are finally starting to creep up into the mid to high 40's on almost a daily bases here in Michigan now. I can't wait for a few more weeks where I can finally get out and do some fishing, gardening and biking. I dunno why but this winter seemed longer than usual for some reason.

Steve, we used over 7 cords wood..more than can recall..it.s been a log winter just in maryland..lol. it,s called for snow tonight..lol.

Sunny and 80 down here!

Zip & Vicente, I hope that you guys realize that you are p!$$ing me off.BG Steve, I agree, winter seems longer this year . I normally enjoy winter as I did this year but it's wearing a bit thin. Hopefully the blower will stay in the shed until next fall. Man, I can't wait for open water.

Les

You know global warming is about getting colder right.

Mike I have to agree. When the global warming alarmists realized the climate was cooling the narrative switched to "Climate Change". You gotta love scientists who jump on the first truck going by. Apologies to the board if this is too political.

Les

Not too political, yet. As long as we don't start arguing ... keep it light.

Like here ... we had a cold front come through yesterday and today. Only got up to 75, after Thursday/Friday highs around 90.

Too windy, though, to go fishing, so the weather still sucks, some days !!!

Global warming/climate change is about climate, not weather, and on a global, not local, scale.

Yeah, this winter sucks. I'm usually bass fishing by now but we just got two or three inches of snow today. It'll be gone by tomorrow evening but it's still a pain in the butt.

I think its more about more severe climate extremes and natural disasters. Winters are getting colder, summers hotter and drier. Bad natural disasters are happening more frequently and in places they havent historically.

No politics here, I hate all sides equally. ;)

My understanding of global warming:

The climate is getting hotter which melts the glaciers and polar

caps which in turn runs into the ocean change the salitiy of the ocean and cools the oceans currents which is what stabilizes our planets weather. End result is the planet cools and goes into an ice age which it does about every

10,000 years. We are on about 10,000 from the last one.

Its not global warming its a weather pattern of the earth.

Us humans are just little parasites who reside on this planet and Mother Nature will take care us in her own way.

Fisherboy & Dflanagan, This is a normal winter up here. It's just wearing a bit thin. I don't understand why these "Climate scientists" can call this climate change/global warming when we only have records for about 150 years(other than the ice drilling in the Greenland ice cap which tells us that this has happened before. Why don't they mention that?) We can't accurately predict the weather two weeks from now so how can they model the climate a century from now? Just asking?

We know that there were farms on southern Greenland between the tenth and fourteenth century. Some scientists believe that the north Atlantic was virtually ice free during this period. Ice drilling cores on the Greenland ice cap seem to confirm a warming period around this time.

Between the fourteenth and the eighteenth century there is a period that is considered to be a mini ice age. Also confirmed by ice cores. Again I ask why is none of this evidence ever mentioned by a so called Climate scientist. Maybe because it might affect his job? I hope that I am not being too argumentative but I think that people should try to be more informed rather than listen to someone like Gore who is not a scientist but someone who has made a lot of money on the global warming agenda. On the other hand I do truly believe that we have to stop polluting our environment. The earth can only take so much.

Again apologies if this is too political/argumentative.