Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Breathable Waders

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 045

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:05 PM

I'm thinking of buying a pair of breathable waders. I have read about all the qualities of these waders except for one thing and that is the noise factor.

Can anyone tell me how noisy these things are to walk in-- other loose fitting waders made of rubber or whatever seem to generate alot of swish swish noise during walking.

Thanks for any info.

#2 TroutNerd

TroutNerd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

A good pair of breathable's make no more noise than a pair of jeans. Very nice and comfy too! laugh.gif

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,477 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

Thats the first time i've ever heard that question asked laugh.gif wink.gif

They make a slight 'swish" sound but only walking on the land, you cant wade fast enough to make any noise in the water with them and if you could then the noise and wake from wadeing that fast would be higher than any noise from the waders wink.gif

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#4 atroutbum2

atroutbum2

Swapaholic wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:24 PM

Just set the cell phone ringer volume to high so you dont miss those important calls. huh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
If a man speaks in the woods, and no woman is there to hear it. Is he still wrong?

Stupid should hurt.

#5 DCM

DCM

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

Breathables are the only way to go, I cant say I've heard them make any noise over the sound of my drag screaming!!!LOL!!! Take the plunge you will never look back. DCM
P.S. Check out the Orvis Silver Lable, great waders under two bills.

#6 Carlin

Carlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:06 PM

You won't even notice the slight swish sound of the waders. You'll be so comfortable, it just won't matter! wink.gif

Oh, and BTW, for anyone looking Sierra Trading Post has the Patagonia SST+ waders on sale for $215. A great set of waders

#7 sore arm

sore arm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

Do you plan on using the waders for fishing or to break into peoples houses? I never noticed any irratating sound from walking. Sure there may be some noise but they are very light and comfortable.