Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Cabelas Wading Jacket

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Duffin Boy

Duffin Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:35 PM

Well a package arrived last night from Cabelas.
My Wife has bought me the Cabelas Stretchable Gortex Wading jacket for my Birthday.
I looked at the Simms jackets at BPS and this one looks comparable to the Simms Guide Model.
New XCR Stretchable Gortex panels in the arms and back Wow!
Storm flaps, sealed zippers, large chest pockets for flyboxes , zippered access to inside pockets and shirt, neo- cuffs to stop water and velcro adjustment straps on the sleeves
Sealed Zipper under the arms for venting, D-rings, peaked hood.
I know my Gortex garments and this one is a beaut!
$249 US vs the Simms $500 (Can.) this one looks like a no-brainer for anyone in the market. headbang.gif

Cheers
Duff
My Biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead)
will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

-- Koos Brandt

#2 bluenose

bluenose

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

Glad you like your jacket. As in my previous post the model I have has served me well. Cabela's quality and guarantee match the big names. Enjoy!

Regards

#3 conehead

conehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:50 PM

Duffun boy,

I have seen that jacket at our local Cabela's store.

NNNNNNNNiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeee

I believe in catch and release, but your wife sounds like a keeper to me.

My wife does not fish, but I remember when she went to the trouble to secure one of my fishing buddies to help her surprise me with a new flyrod.

Happy wife, Happy life,

conehead
7,793,638 fly patterns out there; face it, I'm gonna be late for work.

#4 picketpin

picketpin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:57 AM

Very nice jacket I bought the babin river wading jacket its not goretex but it keeps me warm and dry and it fits in my vest rear pocket nice iam sure you will like it tight lines MIKE wink.gif
Who says money cant buy happiness (see my new fly rod and reel)