Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryon Anderson

Mann Creek, Allegan County, MI

Wondering if any of the Michiganders on this site have any knowledge to share about this little creek. I chanced upon it yesterday afternoon when I was re-routed through the Allegan State Game Area by my GPS due to an accident on the main highway that I normally take. It was a beautiful drive, and I was intrigued by this little creek that I crossed on 124th St. DNR studies that I found online indicate that it is considered one of the better brook trout creeks in the state, with naturally sustaining populations, plus a few browns and rainbows as well. It looks like the perfect place to try out my new little 6'6" 4 wt. this spring.

In the meantime, I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's ever fished it and/or knows anything about it.

As if I weren't anxious enough for spring already... :)

Okay, 40+ views and no one has posted a reply, so I'm guessing the answer is no. :) I'm glad to know it's not common knowledge, just in case it turns out to be a little hidden gem. My guess is that it's either not that great, or possibly great but too small for most fly fishermen to mess with. Only one way to find out, which I plan to do as soon as weather permits. I'll add this to the must-check-out list, along with the little hop-across creek near my office that reportedly produced a 28" brown a few years back. It's shaping up to be an interesting season.

A lot of things may be broken in Michigan, but the fishing isn't one of them. :)