Fly Tying
Murrill

Need help posting photos

I apologize in advance for being so dense, but I can't figure out how to post photos in my topic. I have photos uploaded to Google Photos. When I click on the "image" button in the forum and insert the URL for the photo in Google Photos, I get a message that says "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." The files are JPEGs. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure that somewhere on the The Flyting Forum there's a post or article that answers my questions, but I can't find it. Help! I would like to be more active in this forum/community but it doesn't do me much good if I can't post photos.

Thanks!

j

It's possible your photos are too large. The file can only be 2MB for each picture. 600 x 400 pixels. (although I've posted slightly larger pictures.

You might be able to copy the URL and paste it directly to the comments page.

I've gotten the warning you mentioned ... and just x'd out that pop up ... and then had the photo show up on the screen.

the photo can be 1080 pixels wide and even larger. its the size i always post

i just tried a photo from google photos and it didnt work for me. it doesnt seem do give a .jpg url

try posting your photos from your hard drive as attachments

i use imgur photo hosting site. never had a problem

I've tried posting photos from Facebook, and I had it work about 1 in 20 times. The other times, i just see a little grey box in my message. Not sure what I happened to do to get it right (one time). My photo is a jpg file less than 200 kB. Can anyone tell me where to get the "right" URL (from a FB photo)? Is it possible to post a photo directly from my desktop? If this is all addressed somewhere else, please let me know. I've given it the 'ole college try on my own. Thanks! By the way, I am Not a regular Facebook user, I just have an account there out of "necessity".

Bill_729

I've tried posting photos from Facebook, and I had it work about 1 in 20 times. The other times, i just see a little grey box in my message. Not sure what I happened to do right (one time). My photo is a jpg file less than 200 kB. Can anyone tell me where to get the "right" URL (from a FB photo)? Is it possible to post a photo directly from my desktop? If this is all addressed somewhere else, please let me know. I've given it the 'ole college try on my own. Thanks! By the way, I am Not a regular Facebook user, I just have an account there out of "necessity".

Bill_729

try posting your photos from your hard drive as attachments

i use imgur and photoimage photo hosting websites. never had a problem

Thanks flytier. That seems to work in the forum, but that option ("attachments) does not appear to be available for PM (personal messages/messenger). So this IS a partial solution.

Cheers,

Bill_729

well if you had your photos on a photo hosting website you will be able to send photos in a PM message

it works as i have done it in the past