Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wmw4

Marsh or Beach swap

Hey Vicente would a pompano rocket or st simons scampi interest you? I would hold off for a little while though until we can get a couple more people committed

Fine, I'm in. I shouldn't because I am already overcommitted.

For the Marsh.

Redfish.

Unweighted craft fur shrimp.

Will get them done and in the mail as soon as possible to meet whatever deadline you have.

Cheers

Alrighty I've got you down Lil Dave and I've got you down for the pompano rocket Vicente.

Hey Vicente here is a pattern and materials list but feel free to make substitutions. If we can get at least 6 signed up by Sunday we'll go ahead and run it. If not I'll close it and try again later in the season. To anybody thinking about signing up, don't be shy. Should be an awesome box of flies when everything is said and done.

42047227504_3c1786b056_z.jpgIMG_3898 by wallace west, on Flickr

42714975072_315b62b75b_z.jpgIMG_3897 by wallace west, on Flickr

Im in pattern TBD - so if i understand this correctly you want 12 different tyers - 6 for Marsh and 6 for Beach Pompano. Just a heads up - that will take some time to fill, this site just doesnt have enough salty swapping folks on it; I have ran several and so has LilDave.

ATX I think you’ve got it right but it’s all one swap. So at the end everyone will end up with 12 flies with half being for the beach and half for the marsh. If we can get to 6 people I’m good with running it and everyone just ending up with 2 of each pattern. Whenever you decide on a category let me know and I’ll get you down.

The category I would pick is Marsh flies for Redfish, so would I tie 12 Marsh Flies or 6 Marsh Flies and 6 Pompano Flies. I see that you have 6 spots for each category thats why I am confused

Hey Noah we didn't get enough interest so delayed for now. A lot of time swaps have trouble filling during the summer so I'll try again in the fall. Seems like more interest in the Marsh so I'll probably try to do a straight up Marsh swap

Got it. Don't normally look over here but being a salt guy it looked like a good place for me to start. I'll check back in the fall. If I don't sign up early, ping me on the tying side. Thanks