Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
hazard

Hello from south of Madison WI

I figured I would introduce myself. I am a hobby guy that lives in Evansville WI. I started tying maybe 20yrs ago but stopped after a few years when the kids were born. Kind of stopped fishing altogether. I might get out a few times a year instead of a few times a week. I hope this will change this summer the kids are in high school and I do not have any sports going on on the weekends.

Last summer a friend asked me to tie a few simple griffan knat type flies. Yarn and hackle. This got me looking on the internet again about tying flies. I found a sight called feather emporium which turns out to be 5 miles from work. I ordered some hackle and contacted Dave about stopping over to pick up instead of shipping. He let me stop over and I was impressed with the selection. I ended up buying 3 times of what I ordered. I have been back 8-10 times now and bought more then I ever should of.

Other hobbies that I have are fish keeping. I have 70 tanks of african cichlids that breed. Some of my past fish http://webpages.charter.net/chazard/chris/

I do a bunch of woodworking/woodturning. Mill my own lumber with my chainsaw mill and stihl 066 beast.

Chris

Welcome! Nothing wrong with a 16 or so year lay off from fishing to raise a family. I've done it and most have. Don't worry though because soon you will have to much time for fishing and not enough time with your family. As I always say, and you may not believe it at the moment, your living the good old days of your life right now and fishing more will only take a little of that away.