Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
StuckInOKC

Time to fix a stupid choice!

Hey Everyone - A little over 4 years ago I moved from Montana to Oklahoma for work. All in all, we like OKC, but obviously miss the rivers and the mountains. During the move process, I made a rash decision to sell all my fly tying equipment. I'm talking about lot's of dollars worth of great supplies, an HMH presentation vise and Renzetti 3000. Yeah, I'm an idiot! Fast forward to late 2017 and I'm ready to get this hobby kicked off again.

Looking forward to contributing.

Paul

Paul,

If you are familiar with Mr. Norlander's Nor-Vise I may have a deal for you. It is, in effect, a two for the price of one sale, lots of extras too. Getting ready to put on trading floor but not quite yet, as I am researching provenance on this vintage package from a good friend. Feel free to PM me if interested. Ken

Paul,

I apologize for not welcoming you to the forum. Did not notice it was your first post, which caused me undue excitement because of your mention of using high-quality vices in past and my own zeal in helping a friend market his Nor-Vise stuff, which is not ready to sell just yet, anyway.

So welcome to this site. If your budget is tight you will find many DIY tools and suggestions, there are threads devoted to these topics. Daily tips on timesaving and cost-effective materials, too.

And a group of tiers second to none. I liken this place to a school, tuition is free: The University of Flytying, and Phd.s in almost every course you could imagine. There is a broad cross-section of contributors, salt and freshwater experts, everything from tiny #32 trout midges to monster Muskie-Pike and Shark flies on display.

So, big Western Welcome from Wyoming here, although it now falls into the "better late than never" category. Enjoy the show.

Ken

Hi Paul, welcome to the site.

I don't know how close to OK these will go, but starting after the first of the year, the annual fly fishing shows will start up - usually a good place to get some "deals" on materials and tools. Of course, if you want to replace your vice(s) you can try E-bay! Good luck!

Well I'm up and running about 3 dozen flies into the new year. Yeah, not much, but getting the fly tying blood flowing. Ended up buying a Stonfo Transformer and assorted tools and materials for western trout nymphs.

Thanks for allowing me to lurk and read and I appreciate all the great info on this forum. Hopefully I can start contributing in the future.