Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

11' Euro nymph rod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,051 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

mt2uDs.jpg
 B8maMo.jpg
 dpvprZ.jpg
 zdG06E.jpg

Another Euro nymphing rod all done and ready to head to its new owner. This one is an 11' 3/4wt with dark green main wraps and titanium trim plus burl grip & matching butt.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#2 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

Nice traditional look..

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#3 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:35 PM

Good looking rod.

Wondering aloud:  Have you ever ... or is it even possible ... to put the hook keeper close to the rod tip?

Attached File  hook keeper location.jpg   28.23KB   0 downloads

I always wrap my leader around the reel and hook it up the rod.  Because of the hook keeper's location, it's useless to me.  Having it opposite one of the "near tip" guides, would let me do this without putting the hook in a guide.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,051 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:28 PM

Could be it done, sure anything can be done. Might look odd but it could be done.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw