Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Still around

Figured I'd just make a quick post because you guys probably are wondering where I have been since this is the first time in a couple weeks I have been on the site. 2 weeks ago my Sister when into respiratory failure and they had to revive her, she's been in the ICU on ventilator since then and we are waiting for a biopsy results to come back. So haven't been online hardly at all for a couple weeks, mostly been at the hospital and with family. Will be back around here soon as I can.

I had a few inquiries in PM ... which I answered as minimally as possible. Thanks for updating everyone.

You already know MY thoughts and best wishes for her recovery are there. You also know I'm hoping YOUR "injury" has had a chance to heal.

As Chug says, take care of yourself and your family. No fires here, at the moment, to be put out.

Hope she has a full recovery, and that everything gets back to normal. Family, and friends, come way ahead of anything else.

Take care, Steve! Make sure you take care of yourself, as well. Praying for a good recovery for your sister!

She has something called Thymoma which is a mass in front of her heart, as well as aplastic anemia and Myasthenia gravis which they say are all somewhat linked together/caused by each other. They need to do surgery to remove the mass but they want to get her off the ventilator first before the surgery. So we are having to play the waiting game while they try to get her breathing on her own more. The good news is they finally moved her out of ICU yesterday so that was good, she had been in ICU for over 2 weeks. Just have to wait to see if the meds help her to breath on her own better before they do surgery. I'm not good at waiting, I feel like my life has been "paused" for the past 3 weeks now, just want to get her over this and better again.

Sincere best wishes to you and all your family Steve. Pray its not too long road ahead for you all.