Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Pro Sportfisher 3d Tabbed eyes

Before I buy a bunch of them, does anyone have any experience in using these?

And, I am assuming that you just tightly wrap them in hard and help the cause with a little superglue?

Flats

I thought, upon first look, that they'd be tied in like Jungle Cock eyes ... seemed like a good idea.

Looking at the pictures, however, the "tab" doesn't look solid. It appears to be a loop, perhaps more for holding the eye in place than for tying it in. But I don't believe that now. If you read the description, it doesn't mention tying them in ... only that they have a "edge" to help hold in UV resin.

"The Pro 3D tabbed eyes are the latest innovative product, that takes benefit from the latest cutting edge 3D printing technology to create an ultra lightweight and strong solution when tying baitfish or squid imitations. Use it alone or as a mould if you are looking for a UV resin head. The edges on the tapped eyes serves as stopper walls preventing the resin to run off the eye, making it a breeze to tie uniform flies. The size range spans from the smallest 5mm size for small trout streamers, to 10mm for winter steelhead flies, to the monster 16mm size for the biggest pike, musky, billfish flies.

Tabbed Eyes are super easy to tie with. The back of each eye is sticky so it naturally wants to stay in place while you are tying. Just stick the eye to the fly and wrap down the tab with your tying thread."

From that description, the tab is to keep the resin over the eye, to make a dome of resin over it. Not to tie it in. However, I have seen some that tie in and you then glue/resin/epoxy them in place. I haven't any idea what they are called though. A google search may yield results.

It seems to me that flats had the right idea, or at least what company is saying, not sure how long they would last though. Flats get your self some uv goo and a light, it's worth the cost bass pro has decent light for 17 bucks, I've just used the loon and bugg bond brands goo, so far I like the loon better just because it's not as stinky.

Norm, i never knew my flies were so famous, maybe I should have my own tv show huh?

I asked the guy who i saw them from, he says he ties them in then glues or uv's the eye into place. He says its "bulletproof", I might have to give this a try and it has pretty good prices...

I am just tired of having my fingers covered with glue after putting on some eyes. I only know of 1 thing where you can actually x rap in the eyes, and its the ep gamechange eyes. But, at 6$ for 10 eyes I'll find something else lol

GOOD LUCK TYIN

Lol I had to copy that