Bimini15

Fishing related gifts, anyone...?

I waited!

I got a new combo

8wt Redington Path rod

8wt Redington Rise reel

Yay, now just need some line!

Merry Christmas

I'm still waiting for one daughter to get in. I won't be opening anything till about 8 PM. I hope it's just socks since anytime they get me a tool or something fishing related I'm driving it back to the store the following week. I refuse to hand pick my gifts. Good thing I enjoy shopping for fishing stuff and hate shopping for socks. It works out great.

My wonderful wife bought me a painting of a hogfish by pasta. www.artbypasta.com

Merry Christmas!

I hope it's just socks since anytime they get me a tool or something fishing related I'm driving it back to the store the following week.

Case in point: short sleeve fishing shirts that should have been long sleeve, shorts that should have been longer, long bill hat that should have been wide brim and shoes that I am keeping because I feel horrible about returning/exchanging everything.

Don't have pics, but I got an TFO BVK 9ft 6 weight rod with fighting butt, and an Orvis (older rod but what I have wanted since they were first out) TLS Power Matrix Saltwater 6wt fly rod. I couldn't have gotten a better gift(s) than this my self. Both from my wife. I don't know how she located the Orvis and bought it without me knowing, but she did!

Don't have pics, but I got an TFO BVK 9ft 6 weight rod with fighting butt, and an Orvis (older rod but what I have wanted since they were first out) TLS Power Matrix Saltwater 6wt fly rod. I couldn't have gotten a better gift(s) than this my self. Both from my wife. I don't know how she located the Orvis and bought it without me knowing, but she did!

C'mon man, with a wife like that and riding a Goldwing you can't be such a bad mofo. :-)

Two bass pro gift cards (in all honesty will be spent on a new shotgun.) a photo holder that is a small fly rod on the wall with three picture frames hanging from the three eyes on it. A metal sign with a bass trying to throw a plug, that says "drop a line and stay a while" for my room. Some fishing shirts.

Also got new sketch pads, a new soft case for my shotgun, and some 30/30 ammo since I keep missing deer! :D

Wife and I, long ago, gave up waiting for christmas to get things we wanted. So, when the holidays roll around, there's nothing we need or want, so it's impossible to buy gifts.

We have a great dinner with Mother-n-law (Wife and M-n-l exchange a few stocking stuffers), play Scrabble or Dominoes for a while and call it a good day.

No tree or lights to take down ... life is good !!!

This is pretty cool!

"Geological Ancestors of the Brook Trout and Recent Saibling Forms from Which It Evolved", by John D. Quackenbos. First edition, signed copy #208 of 300. Printed 1916.

post-52832-0-34075100-1482742172_thumb.jpgpost-52832-0-13240000-1482742200_thumb.jpgpost-52832-0-61583600-1482742187_thumb.jpg