Fly Tying
zip

First fish of the season

While it wasn't on a fly rod it was a glorious and sunny 75!Even took my little camp stove and cooked him!

post-3092-0-85524300-1487895671_thumb.jpeg

post-3092-0-11313500-1487895691_thumb.jpeg

Zip,

Being from the frozen north I don't see catfish at all up here. That being said it looks pretty tasty ! Flyfishing or not, any fishing beats the hell out of work and a lot of other stuff. Tight lines no matter what kind of line it is.

Les

Alright! Ain't nothing wrong with some channel cat in the fryer.

My dad used to tell me not to bring them home. But I used to mix them in with the bass fillets, and I didn't hear any complaints at supper time. Haha.

Any day is a great day to be fishing.

Les, I agree!Any day spent in the outdoors fishing is better than work!

Jason-Your dad is spoiled on those big ol speck and gills!We take what we can get here hahaha

Lesg, how far north? We used to catch cats all the way to the border in MN and even learned to catch them in the winter thru the ice. That's become a big thing there now is ice fishing them.

Good way to start the year and those frying fillets look delicious.

Vicrider,

I live on the border at Sault Ste. Marie. I guess that there are catfish in the St, Marys river but I don't fish there. Too close to home I guess and I don't want to look at a steel mill where I spent half my life while I'm fishing lol. I tend to go a bit north and west of town for brook and lake trout from Jan. til June and fish for smallmouth, pike and walleye for the rest of the summer. I don't know anyone that chases cats but there are probably some that do.

Les

Nice cat, and looks like good eatin' too. Hopefully I'll be able to get out and get the first of 2017 soon myself, cabin fever is startin' to set in.

BTW - you lost weight Steve? Lookin mighty thin there in comparison to your avatar pic.