Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Topwater Hair!

Due Date Is May 15

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:47 PM

It’s really great to hear from you, Steve. Glad you are doing well. Hope you didn’t over-do in getting your flies to the PO. I will let you know when they arrive.

Vicente, your flies arrived today. Hope you are doing well and recovering nicely.

BB
Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#62 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

Not me BB I'm fine at least as far as I know, vicrider is the one who took a spill.

Glad to hear they made it, I was originally going for a stimulater variant but I didn't have the proper hooks so they came out somewhat short, i think they will still do well on smart bluegill or dumb trout.

#63 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

OK Guys, Sorry to have to tell you, but we have another problem and this time it's on me. 

I began to divide the flies today and realized that a set was missing. I thought they were all here, but there is 1 set missing. I checked this thread to see which set it was and realized it was r2732's set, but it isn't his fault, it's mine. When I PMed, him my address, I accidently sent "390  a   Lake" etc. I accidently typed an "a" after 390 and didn't catch it when I sent the PM. I have heard from r2732 and the flies were returned to him yesterday marked that there was no such address. You would think that that they PO could have figured that 1 out. 

At any rate, r2732 has the correct address now and I'll sent them along as soon as I get his flies. Sorry for the delay. 

BTW, Steve's flies arrived yesterday. 

My apologies to the group for the delay. 

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#64 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

Bream

You know what to do with my set  right ???

Steve-stabgnid 

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#65 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Stabgnid, if there is ever a change in how I am to handle your flies, please let me know. Unless I heard differently from you, I will assume the routine is the same. 

Thanks

BB

#66 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

have any swap flies been sent out?

The fish care less than we do!

#67 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Flytire, I haven’t sent out any flies yet. When I started to divide them, I discovered a set was missing. Turns out that the PO returned 1 set the the original sender. He is shipping them back to me, UPS, and as soon as I get them, I will get them in the mail ASAP. Sorry for the delay

BB

#68 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

OK, Guys, here is the update. That last set of flies arrived yesterday. They still had an incorrect address and the return address had my return address incorrect as well. Same mistake both times. But, luckily, they were sent UPS and a diligent UPS driver hunted me down. That being said, the flies have been divided and I put them into the mail this morning. Most of you should be getting your set next week. The really GOOD news about this swap is that they are a great set of flies. Some of them would be ideal for warm water, but most of them will be suitable for either cold or warm water; trout and panfish. They were all very well died, not a bad set in the bunch, except for mine. I think you are going to be quite well pleased when you open your box and see this very nice set of flies. 

On another note, please be sure that when you put postage on your return envelopes or include postage with your set that you include enough. When the total was done today, I was left owing over $6 in postage. I don't mind that, but it does add up over time. I have no idea whose sets were short. I was busy doing the customs form for a Canadian swapper while the guy at the counter was figuring up the postage on all the packages. The postage for the Canadian package wasn't figured in the $6, that's another deal entirely, and it's all good there. 

r2732, please PM me your email address so I can reimburse you for postage for the wayward first package. I meant to include it in your package and sealed it before I realized what I had done. 

Thanks

BB

#69 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:07 PM

BB,

Thanks for hosting another great swap.  My set arrived today, must have been timed just right.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#70 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:45 AM

got mine too

source.gif

#71 Bruce Derington

Bruce Derington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:18 AM

Mine showed up

Bruce Derington

#72 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

bruce

a well tied wounded minnow. that will be saved as a model for future tying

#73 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

Got mine.

BB Thanks for hosting.

#74 r2732

r2732

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:46 PM

I received mine today.  Every one looks good but the 3 bullethead flies look great.

BB, don't worry about the postage.  Make a contribution to either Project Healing Waters or Casting for Recovery if you want.

Walt

Walt Ryan

#75 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:12 PM

Got mine yesterday. Nice flies, everyone.
Tight lines,
David