Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fisherboy0301

iPhone pictures

Is there a way I can post pictures from my iPhone ? The mobile site is not even close to the website. I end up having to email the pics to myself, then get on my laptop to upload them, which is why I don't post many of my flies on here. Any suggestions?

I found this using GOOGLE

1. Download Photobucket on your iPhone
2. Upload images to Photobucket through the app.
3. Take the images' newly generated URL to the forums.
4. Click the image icon above the text box where you type your reply.
5. Select "From URL"
6. Enter the images' URL in the popup box.
7. Unclick "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
8. Select OK
9. You have successfully uploaded your images to the forums!

or

STEP 1 – TAKE PHOTOS

Capture some photos with your iphone. Save the photos. (When I tried this, the photos got added to a place on the iphone called “Camera Roll”.)

STEP 2 – UPLOAD PHOTOS TO PHOTOBUCKET

Start Photobucket. You will get asked “You have new media on your device sine the last time you were here. Would you like to upload these now?”

Select “YES”

You will then be shown a screen with thumbnails of the images on the phone. Clicking on them will create (or remove) a small “+” sign in the top right of the images. Only images showing the “+” sign will be uploaded. Add or remove these “+” signs as desired, then click “UPLOAD”.

Note: If your login name for Photobucket is “ABCDE”, at this point in time, anyone going to http://www.photobucket.com/ABCDE would get to see your uploaded photos.

STEP 3 – COPY THE IMG CODE FOR VBULLETIN

Look at the bottom of the screen for “My Albums” and click on it. You may get a screen with some of your photos. At the top it will say PHOTOS and ALBUMS. If you click on “Albums”, one of the choices will be “Newest Uploads”.

Click on “Newest Uploads” and you will see your photos. Click on one of the photos that you want to post on the Starting Grid vBulletin Forum. You should now see a larger size copy of that picture.

At the bottom right you will see a small circular icon with an “i” inside it. The “i” stands for “information”. Click on this icon.

You will then be shown a screen with four image posting choices, with some computer code inside the white box. The lowest box says it is “IMG” with some code inside the white box. That stuff inside the box is what we will be using on the vBulletin Forum.
Click on the lowest white box of code. You will see a message “Copied IMG Code. Click on “OK”.

STEP 4 – POSTING THE IMAGE ON VBULLETIN

This is the easy part. Start Safari and go to http://www.sgrid.com/forum and navigate to the “Test Forum” so you can practice. Create a new post, or leave a response to an existing post – it doesn’t matter. You need to get to the box where you would type in your response, as you normally do. Type in a little information, such as “This is a photo of Bob Smith with his car” or whatever, then skip one “blank” line.
If you tap on the screen below this one line, you will get a selection box where you can “Paste”. Do that, and the IMG code will appear in the text box. Post the thread or response. Your image should appear in the posted version.

Simple as that! LOL.

It is easier to dump your pictures into your computer and offload them here.

Rocco