Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Crackleback

Hairy Bass Bug Swap

Looking for six swappers to join a deer hair bass bug swap. These can take some time, so a due date of April 1st should give plenty of time to crank out six good ones and leave plenty of time for spring topwater fishing. Feel free to tie different colors but all six have to be the same size and pattern. Toe tags, self addressed return envelope, cash or stamps for return postage and all the other usual stuff like always.

SM-Mike-Wiggle Diver

1. Bryon Anderson-Slider-Received

2. sniperfreak223-Clouser crippled minnow- Received

3. essequamvideri-Morrish Mouse-Received

4. eugward-Skip's fusion bug-Received

5. grey brook-Marabou Muddler-Received

6. xrayts-Received

Swap is full

Sometimes you see a swap you'd like to BUY your way in. Can't tie the flies but would love to have them. I have a few from swaps that are extraordinary things of beauty. I have plenty to fish with but some of these I just keep on the tying desk to admire. SO...I'm NOT in but sure appreciate the quality of you guys who do those multi-color bugs with appendages sticking out here and there. Great and beautiful stuff. I'll be spending some time in the near future learning to spin hair but right now I'm not up to it. Sure wish I'd have cut some pieces off all the deer hair carcasses that were laying around the cutting shed at my S-I-L's a short time ago. All I saved was a couple of tails.

I'm in. I hope I'm not too outclassed. Now I will definitely buy that Fugly Packer and Pat Cohen video.

my flies are ready...will probably look like junk compared to most of you guys, but they're as good or better than the ones I fish. I settled on red and white because I was able to score a bunch of nice hair at my local fly shop for $5 a strip (12" x 4").

can I get the addy please?