Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mybadhabit

March 2014 Swap Club

Are we ready for the Duck Flies? It's got to have duck in it so let's see what everyone's got.

SM-mybadhabit

1. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Received

2. BBBruce - Received

3. Crackleback - Received

4. Netabrookie - Received

5. fishingbobnelson - Harris Special - Received

6. xrayts - Received

7. shoebop - Received

8. border collies - Quill Gordon - Received

9. J-KNO - Royal Coachman - Received

10. Jolly Red - Grizzly Kings - Received

11. IMX - Received

12. Breambuster - Received

I have had my flies tied and tagged for a while now. I don't really have a name for them yet, so I don't know what to say that I have tied. They are a Catskill type mayfly with a teal wing, uni-flex body and dun hackle.

I am going to try a classic, Royal Coachman Wet... I haven't tied a feather wing in a bunch of years (likely 14) but going to give it a go.

I have tied Grizzly Kings for this month, Will get them out next week, when the snow and ice we're supposed to get thaws out.

Mine also have been tied for some time now too and are ready to mail. I don't think they are a recognizable pattern and I have not named them... yet. They are wet flies with a Mallard wing, Partridge hackle, and a golden Pheasant tail. MP2 ????unsure.png

Shoebop, that sounds like a catchy name but if I see yours and then tie some like it I might get confused... On a stretch of creek that I fish a lot it is right beside a bike and hike trail and the folks on it tend to be a bit loud so I put in the ear buds and listen to music to tune them out. Now I will be trying to listen to music on an MP2 and catch trout on an MP3...Its rough getting old and confused...

I'll get mine out this Saturday.. Uv baetis with lemon wood duck

Ok guys, I'm not sure what to do here. Riff said he would have his flies out on Feb 27, I still don't have his flies from January. He says he is just slammed with work and school and I don't know what to do. So I'm asking you what you want me to do, should I send out January and February's flies or should I wait to hear from him again. Let me know your thoughts on the situation.

Thanks

Blane

I would say to send out the flies you have now, and put Riff's in with the March flies.