Fly Tying
dryfly purist

a norwegian winter fairytale.........

That's really beautiful Terje. But tell, me... is it really that flat where you live? I had the idea that you had lots of mountains and fjords.

Terje, beautiful shot! I have a request if you get back to the same location could you take a shot from a lower perspective? I would love to see that shot that way. Nice work your making me want to spend less time fishing and some more time shooting!

See! It IS possible to take a Winter shot that doesn't send me into hypothermia !!!

There's some WARMTH to that sun and sky. It might be an illusion, but the photograph is stunning because of it.

Beautiful picture.

That's really beautiful Terje. But tell, me... is it really that flat where you live? I had the idea that you had lots of mountains and fjords.

Thanks ever so much, FlaFly :-) :-)

Norway has many different landscapes to offer......it´s all about where in the country you live :-) :-)

Terje

Terje, beautiful shot! I have a request if you get back to the same location could you take a shot from a lower perspective? I would love to see that shot that way. Nice work your making me want to spend less time fishing and some more time shooting!

Thanks a lot, joseph :-)

I thought i acctually had a low perspectiv on this one as i was sitting down, but it´s possible to get even lower......so i might look at that challenge later on :-) :-)

Terje

See! It IS possible to take a Winter shot that doesn't send me into hypothermia !!!

There's some WARMTH to that sun and sky. It might be an illusion, but the photograph is stunning because of it.

Beautiful picture.

he he he he :-) :-) :-) ...........Thanks a lot, Mike :-) :-)

Terje

Terje, yes your perspective is low already, sorry I should have been more specific. I was thinking maybe 12" off the ground which should give you leading lines through the ground filled with that warm sun. Its the type of shot that will either look amazing or terrible and you never really know till you take it :)

I think im going to out today to do some long exposures. Thanks for getting me motivated!

Terje-

I'd take Joseph's suggestion of shooting lower. But I would also take a tall step ladder and shoot high. Ansel Adams shot a lot of his photos with a view camera (heavy!) mounted on a tripod from the top of his SUV.

I'd use an ND filter also.

Bill

I´ll take your advice into consideration, josephcsylvia and Bill :-) :-)

Thanks guys :-)

Terje

Not advice but more of a "Id like to see what it looks like from that angle" kind of thing lol advice you do not need my friend.

I´ll take your advice into consideration, josephcsylvia and Bill :-) :-)

Thanks guys :-)

Terje

Not advice but more of a "Id like to see what it looks like from that angle" kind of thing lol advice you do not need my friend.

Oh yess i do :-) :-)

I´m just an amateur and will take all the advice i can get :-) :-)

Terje