Fly Tying

So what's on your Christmas list this year? Or what are you gifting that's fishy?

I'm hoping Mrs. Claus gets me a new Renzetti Traveler Salt..

I'm tying a box of classic maine streamers for my buddy and I'll be getting my brother a gift certificate for some new waders (too personal an item to guess the fit).

I want a 12 wt rod and a gopro. mabey a better camrea for takeing photos of flies.

I just donated 200 assorted flies to Project Healing Waters last night and began volunteering to teach fly tying and rod building.

A couple of Teton 8wt reels.

A couple of new hoodies

Some new warm boot socks

A Regal Medallion vice

I'll end up with the socks and hoodies,but will get the other stuff,myself, during the course of the year.

Honestly not much, my birthday is coming up too and my wife keeps asking what I want but really, pretty much all my desires are met and for the few things I would like I'm either very picky so it's better I pick them out or they're very expensive which is why I don't have them, and they're also very specific.

Hopefully, my sister will do the usual and give me a couple of gift certificates, one for my birthday and one for Christmas, to the fly shop I frequent. I need a new floating line for my 6 wgt. See if she'll pick up the DVD of Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" figure it's appropriate for 2020.

I've reached a point in life where everything on my wish list has long ago been checked off. Gift cards are a cop out and I hope nobody gifts me any of them. I'd rather they keep their money or give it to somebody who really needs it. With each passing year my family gets smaller and smaller. I wish for good health and good times for my family and a joyous celebration for the real reason of Christmas. Man I love the holidays when material things mean nothing.

With each passing year my family gets smaller and smaller. I wish for good health and good times for my family and a joyous celebration for the real reason of Christmas. Man I love the holidays when material things mean nothing.

I'm right there with ya this year Greg. Normally my family does Christmas big. Tons of gifts and many traditions. It was always fun and enjoyable and something to really look forward too. This year is gonna be vastly different. With losing my Sister this year and most recently becoming estranged from my Niece because of her choices, I think this Christmas is going to be just me and 75yr old Mom with a visit from my Nephew & brother in law rather than an all day thing with lots of gifts. So for me this year I just hope to have an enjoyable time with my Mom and celebrate that we still have each other. And anything else on top of that is just a bonus this year.

My Christmas wish is for the end of partisan politics and an end of all the endless wars.

I hear you Molly's Dad but I'm going to wish for something just a little more realistic. Or rather, I'm going to do what I can to make my little corner of the world a little less political and more free of conflict. My plan is, I'm going to fish more and spend more time in the mountains where there's no news of all that stuff, and I couldn't do anything about it if I knew about it.

My wife asked me what I wanted this year, and I bought a vintage Fenwick rod I said I wanted. From my point of view, the goal of it is to go on "fun trips" together. I've observed that I'm more interested in traveling to new places if I'm toting a fly rod. : ) I think it's a "catalyst" for communing with nature, which strangely, I wouldn't do as much of otherwise. She can think of more things to do while I am fishing that I can think of to do while she is "birding"... But I don't mind seeing the Blue Heron's that reside at my local spot; occasionally, I fish right along side of them as we stalk the same prey. But I don't eat mine... ; )

My Christmas wish is for the end of partisan politics and an end of all the endless wars.

I hear you Molly's Dad but I'm going to wish for something just a little more realistic. Or rather, I'm going to do what I can to make my little corner of the world a little less political and more free of conflict. My plan is, I'm going to fish more and spend more time in the mountains where there's no news of all that stuff, and I couldn't do anything about it if I knew about it.

take me with you, mark.

take me with you, mark.

"take me with you Mark, PLEASE"