Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie P. (NY)

Hello from Upstate NY

Howdy do!

New to the forum but a long time fly tyer and fisherman. Bought my first fly tying vice from Dick Stack in the early 70's when "Dick's" was a single store on the same block as my junior high school and mostly fishing tackle and live bait! Have the good fortune to live between the Chenango and Susquehanna Rivers, near the Tioughnioga and Otselic Rivers and a short trip to the Catskills. Married my college sweetheart in 1980 and we live on a small hobby farm; though we sold off the flock of Shetland Sheep we still keep chickens. Enjoy traditional bowhunting, sailing, kayaking, snowshoeing, generally getting outdoors. (Go by "Stumpkiller" on several unrelated forums).

I have been primarily a warmwater fly fisherman in the past few decades (wrote a six page article published in Warmwater Fly Fishing magazine back when it existed). Have great fun pestering smallmouth from a kayak at a local lakes and the rivers.

Am currently the business manager of a municipal wastewater treatment facility and spend my days making sure the Susquehanna River stays safe and healthy - for people AND fish.

Charlie P.

Port Crane, NY

post-64342-0-50491800-1550856711_thumb.jpg

howdy, and welcome

When I lived east I used to want to fish your area for smallmouth.

Hello and welcome from a northern cousin and LATE (OK very tardy) WWKimba. I live in Camillus NY just a stone's throw from the Great NEW York State Fairgrounds - home of the smallest NYS park!  Born and bred in Cortland and lived here in Camillus for 30 years now.

I see you don't live too far from Ed Engelman, i.e. the low budget fisherman.  I used some of his ideas for low cost homemade vices for my scouts.

Kim 

Welcome. Used to live on the other end of NY...Queens. I tell people that I used to live on an island. Right away they picture Tahiti or Fiji. Wrong!