Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

New Mexico Trip Pictures - San Juan & Red

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lanvaettir

lanvaettir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

Sorry for the delay. I just processed the film in the disposable camera I took fishing. Here you go!

Three are from the San Juan in March the one in the bottom right corner is from the Red River. This weekend we are going to try the Rio Grande in the Taos gorge. The Caddis should be coming around soon!

Attached Files

Here fishy ... Good fishy ...

#2 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

Nice contrast, desert to snow. I wish I could afford to travel more.

Thanks for sharing.
Fly fishing is like sex. The first time is never like you thought it would be, but you never forget it. You get better with experience. You think about it alot. You do it when ever you can until you die. You always have fun no matter what.
....JStarbrite....

#3 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:32 AM

One of these days....

How was the fishing? I just love those boulder-strewn rivers.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#4 lanvaettir

lanvaettir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:14 PM

The San Juan was fair ... considering. We landed ~20 fish. The visibility was < 18" so it was tough. The Red was Beautiful and more fun even though we did about the same. They were wild fish though and much more fun to catch. Here's another picture from the trip to the Red. This is where the Red runs into the Rio Grande.

Attached Files

#5 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:31 PM

Simply awesome.

Thanks Buddy

This may have to on the list of "at least 2 new rivers a year" smile.gif
This year it's NC and Marble Canyon AZ.

How far is that from Phoenix? My gears are grinding..lol

I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#6 lanvaettir

lanvaettir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:00 PM

Shoe, its a hard 8-9 hours from Phoenix. If you are looking for a great fishing trip from Arizona, look into the White mountains. They are awsome!

Try this link:

http://gorp.away.com...es/whitemts.htm

#7 Big Daddy Hubbard

Big Daddy Hubbard

President of the North Alabama Steelhead Assoc., Hogswaller, KY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:38 PM

beautiful pics, man! Thanks for sharing them with us!!

#8 Bryanfly15

Bryanfly15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:01 AM

Those are some awesome pics. You are lucky to fish places like that. There are some guys that never travel to fish. Enjoy your trips and keep fishing. biggrin.gif