Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

AuSable Outing May 14th Wknd Final Tally??????????

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ladykiller

Ladykiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:41 PM

Alright folks, let's keep this clean and simple. Who's going to this out next weekend? Us guys with the boats want to know to plan ahead.

I'll be there.

#2 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:16 AM

Looks like Tim's post fell on deaf ears.

I talked to SD over the weekend and he's looking for a ride up. Is anyone coming up from the Detroit area and looking to split the cost? He would need to be back Sunday.

I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#3 kingfisher2

kingfisher2

Hardware, worms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

I might be interested in sharing costs for the drive up...This weekends plans have changed for me and I am now open.....

Do I need a tent for Saturday night?

Is there an open seat in a boat?

Can SD leave on Friday night and will there be anyone up there?

Marc

#4 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:57 AM

Marc,
I'm not sure about any long floats for me, but I'll go out for the morning. There's always the pontoon and canoe rentals for longer floats
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#5 Ladykiller

Ladykiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

Gott's in Mio also has two driftboats for rent .... $75 a day and that includes carspot.

I doubt I will be taking my boat out at all this weekend now. The weather is looking sunny and warm and that's no good for fishing streamers. I'll probably just wade in all weekend and fish the spinnerfalls and emergences, maybe nymph a little.

#6 kingfisher2

kingfisher2

Hardware, worms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:47 AM

Tim, thanks for the PM....Also, if you'd like to borrow a spinning rod and a soup can full of worms I can hook ya up! dunno.gif

Marc

#7 Ladykiller

Ladykiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:31 AM

By the end of the weekend ... the guy's with the flies will have caught the biggest fish ..... lmao.

#8 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (kingfisher2 @ May 13 2004, 10:47 AM)
Tim, thanks for the PM....Also, if you'd like to borrow a spinning rod and a soup can full of worms I can hook ya up! dunno.gif

Marc

Marc,

I can bring that other 5wt for ya.

BTW, I just said **** a bunch of work. 3 day weekend!!!! Yippie-i-o wink.gif

#9 Chromium

Chromium

Party Coordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Shoe @ May 13 2004, 12:55 PM)
BTW, I just said **** a bunch of work. 3 day weekend!!!! Yippie-i-o  wink.gif

There's some salt for the old wound..... sad.gif

#10 OSD

OSD

Doing things the old way

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:41 PM

I will make a effort to be there, but nobody better slap me on the back mad.gif

OSD.
user posted image

#11 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,567 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

Looks like i'm stuck at home this weekend for a B-day ive_been_ripped.gif

Marc i appreciate the offer very much and if you ever want anyone to go with ya and show you the river just let me know and i'll split the costs with you but this weekend looks like i am stck here now sad.gif thanks again.

SD
Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#12 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:23 PM

I am out too...

My dad and I are fishing for some city trout with our church group that is trying to re-form and then sunday were picking fiddel heads/morel in port huron area. I can't wait...I am also jobless still and that will be changing soon. I'll be on the look out for the next outing and can't wait to here all the reports and stories. smile.gif

#13 Ladykiller

Ladykiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

Marc, I'm confused ... how come you joined a flytying site if you don't even flyfish?

#14 riverboy

riverboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:46 AM

Unfortunatly I will not be able to attend. sad.gif

#15 kingfisher2

kingfisher2

Hardware, worms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

Tim, I'm on a covert operation here to change the ways/methods of the fly-dunking world. I represent an underground organization called Save the Birds.

Another reason I'm here is the PEOPLE, plus I do swing a few from time to time...but only when I want to excersize my arm, not to catch fish of course.

I'm leaving for the river in about an hour............see you all there!

Marc