Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Pere Marquette salmon outing

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,600 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:11 PM

Not gonna set a date just yet but wanted to throw this out there to "test the waters" for intrest.

Anyone be interested in a "forum outing" on the Pere Marquette for salmon about the 2nd or 3rd weekend in september?

If we get some intrest then we'll set some details.

SD
Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:53 AM

I'd be up for that. headbang.gif
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#3 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (Shoe @ Jul 28 2004, 07:52 AM)
I'd be up for that. headbang.gif

Salmon while trout season is still open? You're doing it again. wallbash.gif

It's gonna be hard for me to get time off work in Sept and most of the fall/winter this year but I'd try to make it.
Fly fishing is like sex. The first time is never like you thought it would be, but you never forget it. You get better with experience. You think about it alot. You do it when ever you can until you die. You always have fun no matter what.
....JStarbrite....

#4 riverboy

riverboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:09 AM

Im interrested but have alot of things going in September. Im pretty sure I could make the second week in September though.

#5 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Dornug @ Jul 28 2004, 08:07 AM)

Salmon while trout season is still open? You're doing it again. wallbash.gif

It's gonna be hard for me to get time off work in Sept and most of the fall/winter this year but I'd try to make it.

I heard that. Hopefully by then we'll have a freezer full from the Lake. wink.gif Did someone say fish sandwiches at deer camp? smile.gif

Gotta leave a few days for Small Game later that month.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#6 sherman

sherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:07 AM

Count me in. I still haven't caught one of those beasts on a flyrod yet. Come to think of it, I haven't caught one in the river on any rod. I'm over due headbang.gif

#7 flyfishenvy

flyfishenvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:42 PM

i'm in depending on the weekend. i am coaching football again this year so my weekends are pretty screwy. most games start at noon, but a few start at 2 or 3 also.

#8 OSD

OSD

Doing things the old way

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:14 PM

I will be there punk.gif

OSD.
user posted image

#9 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

Well, I am planning some trips for salmon season at rivers I have never fished but if I can fit it in I will be there.

#10 Airhead

Airhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

If the social director has an opening for me, I'm in! tongue.gif
Life happens!

#11 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,600 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:49 PM

I'll fit ya in between the shuffle board game and dance instructions John wink.gif

Lookin good guys glad to see so many of ya interested so quickly looks like its gonna shape up to be a good time.

I still have to get ahold of my fishing buddy and make sure hes got some weekends open in september but i'm thinkin ethier the weekend of the 18th or the 25th dunno.gif

weekend of the 11th "might" be a posibility but i have both my niece&sis's b-days i think that weekend, but if the 11th works out better for the majority then i'll see what i can do wink.gif

Anyone else interested join right in.....i'll post some accomidation info for the area if anyone isnt familiar with baldwin.

SD
Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#12 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:29 PM

I am pretty sure if I am around I already have an outing in baldwin so if it falls on the 25 i'll stop on by...that's if the fishing doesn't keep me from it biggrin.gif

#13 Foersterhunter

Foersterhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

count me in as a possible as of right now

#14 trout traveler

trout traveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:42 PM

Well if it anything like the last outing up there you can count me in for sure.Best bet for me would be the weekend of the 18th or after.Daughters birthday weekend before.

OSD:See what we started talking earlier about Salmon.

I wouldn't miss the social gatherring of such fine gentleman.OOP"S forgot about the last outing biggrin.gif Well cheers.gif drunk.gif thumbup.gif

TT
[/QUOTE]
Deep in the heart of every man is a longing to live as God designed.
Nowere is the freedom to do that more possible than in the wilderness and beauty of God'screations.
Fly rod in hand fish on.
URL: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/

#15 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,600 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:54 PM

Even though i am jobless as of now...i'm still gonna tryin keep this outing goingk....i need it i think wink.gif
Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com