Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Best time of year for Saco River?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:05 AM

When would be the best time to go? I've canoed about 30 miles of it in august, and I loved it. I don't know exactly what I like about it so much, maybe the fact that I saw huge trout in crystal clear water with no fishing rod *curses*. So I have some questions.

1) When is the best time of the year to go?(I'm a junior in high school, so hopefully I can get there on a vacation in april or late june or something...)
2) what kind of flies should I use?
3) any particular parts of the river that are more productive than others(I plan on doing about a week canoe trip down all 47 miles of it)
4) Anything else you'd like to share that would make the trip easier...

Thanks in advance to anyone who even aknowledges the post, haha.