Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

New project....yes another project!

Well what project number does this make for me, maybe #37204 lol. Yes I am starting a new project again. Have no idea when I'll find time to work on it with about 16 rod orders on the board but I'm sure I'll tear through those quickly and be able to start this project with in the next couple weeks most likely.

Going to build another RC monster truck. This time though I'm going to go all out on it and build it with the best parts I can get and make it something that is absolutely bulletproof for durability.

Postman dropped off the axles and trans I bought for the project today. I could tell you how much I paid for these axles and trans but then I'd have to kill ya. Hell, I know what I paid and I kind'a want to kill myself laugh.png

While they cost a pretty penny, they are worth it. These things are the most unreal axles I have seen for a RC truck. Exactly like a real monster axles only 1/8 scale. There's no plastic in these like in other axles. These are all 100% 6160 CNC machined aluminum. Same with the trans.

For now I'm just collecting parts till I get done with rods and have time to start building a larger scale tube chassis for it

J4DhmN.jpg

I've heard it said, "There's no "U-Hauls" in a funeral procession." You can't take it with you, might as well have fun with it while you got it.

Makes me feel a lot better for what some of my rods and reels cost. You can bring that thing along when you're out boondogging and if you get stuck it can pull you out.

At least there's no concern of the wife finding out how much you paid for them, I'm thankful mine hasn't questioned how much I paid for my new heat treat oven very much.

Yep, one of the numerous reasons I stayed single after the last serious GF many years ago. Can fish when I want and for how many days I want, and don't have to worry about how much I spend on my hobbies :)

Kickin it old school tonight. Never was any good with "sketch up" or any of those cad programs online. So doing it by hand. Starting to lay out the design for the two main frame rails for the new tube chassis build. The long extended rails on the rear will end up bent upward to work as a wheelie bar built into the rear of the frame. Planning on using some hard nylon on on the underside of that so it slides easy when it wheelies on concrete and doesn't wear the frame, yet the nylon will be able to be replaced as it wears out.

DARBkE.jpg

3n9egS.jpg
9f5n1k.jpg

What do you do when you get done working on building rods for 10 hours on a Sunday? You find something else to work on lol. Didn't have a lot of time after getting done with "real work" tonight, but did manage to squeeze in a couple hours of fun work and at least get the main rails of the new tuber chassis about half way brazed up.

Still a long ways to go, but got a few more hours over the past couple nights in on the new project. Would have got more done but can't seem to find my flat stock to finish the trans mounts. I want to get those done before doing anymore of the upper cage. So everything is on hold till I hit Lowes for the 4th time this week lol.. and it's only Tuesday.

7L7YaY.jpg
vIEhqN.jpg
fdCbTx.jpg
Mk80Fp.jpg
nM2ilC.jpg
tmAcOv.jpg

x6H2aY.jpg
VR3XWd.jpg

Since I finished all the euro rods on that huge order of 17 of them yesterday I decided to take a well deserved break till Monday when I will be starting on a 6wt rod for someone here. So spent the morning enjoying a little time at the Rc bench working on this again. Got the upper part of the chassis started now. Probably be on hold for a few days now since I have some jackass from Florida invading Stevetopia this weekend.

I'm leaving Troy as soon as I clock out ... about 4:00. Looks like a 3 to 4 hour drive, so 8:00 or so at your door.