Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
PESCATORE-II

Greetings from N. CA.

Greetings:

I joined this site today and thought I would stop by here and introduce myself. My name is Don...I hail from N. CA in Rancho Cordova about ten miles SE of Sacramento. I have been a fly fisherman since 1979 and tying off-and-on since 1980. I look forward to meeting fellow fly-tiers and fishermen here, share ideas and learn from those who have mastered the art. I have fished most of the Western Sierra Rivers here in N. CA from Bakersfield to Alturas. Fishing has always been a passion, I grew up in the country in the Central California Coastal Region where there are plenty of lakes and streams. I retired early, some years ago from the RF Communications Industry. I enjoy Amateur Radio, Fly Fishing/Tying, Hunting, Reloading and Digital Photography.

Regards,

Don

cool.png

Welcome to the site. I'll be in French Camp/Stockton area for three weeks in August. Last year, I fished the San Joaguin and Stanilaus Rivers. Maybe I'll see you this year.

Hey I'm from auburn welcome to the site maybe we'll see each other out on the river someone.

Thanks for the welcome vicente... Entirely possible, meeting on a N. CA river. I have plans to work the Fall River, The Pit and Hat Creek later in the summer and probably the Feather on my return to Rancho Cordova. Next week a group of us are headed to Mammoth Lakes for about four days. We will be camping by Twin-Lakes. I plan to fish them as well as Lake George, Crowley, Convict and the Owens River. Some very large fish to hook in those areas if you know how to trick them. A smaller group of us plan to return to Mammoth in late August and early September, for some more R, R and serious fishing.

Tight lines to you and thanks again.

Don