Fly Tying
tctrout

Nail Knot Tool

Here's my newest video on a nail knot tool I've been using for years. I prefer the nail knot over other connections (though the super glue one is a lot of fun!), and would love to hear your thoughts on other connection types.

Thanks,

TC

I have nail tools all over because I never want to be without one.

The epoxy is a a great idea.

Like this! I've always stayed away from nail knots cuz I'm a certified klutz, and I found lopp-to-loop connections easier. But they always get hung up in the guides. Going to try this next time out.

The nail knots I've seen are a little bulkier than loop to loop connections. If your loop to loop hangs up in the guides, a nail knot will, too.

The nail knots I've seen are a little bulkier than loop to loop connections. If your loop to loop hangs up in the guides, a nail knot will, too.

That's why I've always smoothed my knots out with Shoe Goo never tried

Loon Knot Sense but I would,I'm just too cheap to buy it.

I don't use a nail knot tool. Once again too cheap to buy one when a toothpick or stream side branch will work.

I quit tying nail knots when I learned how to tie the nailess nail knot. And now I don't even do that but use surgeon knots of loops. Simple is always good for me.

I have nail tools all over because I never want to be without one.

The epoxy is a a great idea.

Thanks, though I can't take credit for it...just happy to share with others looking for a smooth connection.

Like this! I've always stayed away from nail knots cuz I'm a certified klutz, and I found lopp-to-loop connections easier. But they always get hung up in the guides. Going to try this next time out.

I appreciate the kind words, and loops are MUCH easier...but as I said in the video, I've limited their use to that one situation.

Tim

Great video Tim as always,I wait for them and view them all. Oh yes nail knot tools as you can see a nail knot from early in my fishing career and one done recently with one of the tools, they work well.

post-57957-0-03457000-1497540327_thumb.jpg

Great video Tim as always,I wait for them and view them all. Oh yes nail knot tools as you can see a nail knot from early in my fishing career and one done recently with one of the tools, they work well.

Thanks for the kind words, and big difference in those two knots!! My newest video is out...and don't judge me! ;-)

Tim