Fly Tying
CentralOregonFlyFisher

My First Tied Fly

Very nice, that will catch fish. What is that bead and where did you get it?

It will work. Just try a single turn of dubbing, check it out before adding more. What I use on mine is one or two turns of peacock herl. Started doing that a few years ago, it's easy and effective, no need to look any further.

It will work. Just try a single turn of dubbing, check it out before adding more. What I use on mine is one or two turns of peacock herl. Started doing that a few years ago, it's easy and effective, no need to look any further.

Thanks for the input. That's a good idea and something I will certainly try.

For higher in the water column also try ostrich herl and a silver lined clear glass bead

Sometimes need to go to the insect you’re trying to copy.   I’d say lil too much collar.  Easy to do.  Prolly still catch though.👍

A guide on the Guadalupe in Texas convinced me that tinsel/shiny worked better than the floss and rib on midges.   Sounds crazy but gives buggyness you might not consider.   He did it on lotta soft hackles too.   Try some of the glass beads from craft shop for cheap color variations too.  Still the standard Zebra Midge is unbeatable most anywhere.  $.02

CCEB4C49-0390-4C8C-BCFE-3B7D5543C15B.png

97FA8D45-B8BC-4123-90D5-0A222DAB980B.png