Fly Tying
Yamramil

Russian nymphs on grayling and trout

With your permission, I will open the topic where I will share interesting nymphs on grayling. On such flies we catch in Siberia))

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

P.S. Ready to answer your questions)

great looking flies

if you can, a step by step on how the weight is added to the eye of the hook would be greatly appreciated

great looking flies

if you can, a step by step on how the weight is added to the eye of the hook would be greatly appreciated

It is Russian Hook. This hook produce local guys. The head is solder. I am only buy ready hook))

great looking flies

Fly Tyer had an article quite a few years ago on how to make a head similar to the one shown in the above pics.

Yams, those are great looking flies! What's the body material on flies 1 and 2? I now see myself soldering little heads on my hooks this weekend.

Yams, those are great looking flies! What's the body material on flies 1 and 2? I now see myself soldering little heads on my hooks this weekend.

This is PVC tape + varnish