Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

1 hit on each day

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jared

jared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:49 AM

The plan was bonito -- Saturday & Sunday.

The result was:

1 hit on both days. First one was bleeding so badly I ended up keeping it...tastes great, but felt terrible. They grow into the most amazing fish that swims -- and to keep one this small just doesn't feel right.

Sunday was a little larger and after some snapshots it was released...felt MUCH better about that.

Albies are now my second favorite fish to catch on a fly...'cause these fish are just in another league.

(Sunday's fish)
user posted image

-Jared

#2 Fla. Panfisher

Fla. Panfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:04 AM

headbang.gif nice... one day i will tangle with something like that...

#3 luvinbluegills

luvinbluegills

And before he rested on the seventh day...he created the bluegill!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:56 AM

Definitely one of my dreams!
~Only be concerned with that which lasts, then go deep into the backing!
Adventures with Fish!

#4 arthur

arthur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:58 PM

yahoo.gif

I can't thank you enough for the invite. Hopefully we will get another one like the photo. What a beautiful fish.

I am going down to Harkers Island after False Albacore in Oct. Fishing with a buddy from Delaware and guided by First Light Anglers.

Can't wait.

Art williams

#5 jared

jared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:07 PM

Art,

My pleasure. The only thing I am prepared to guarantee is that
it probably won't be nearly that calm...that rarely happens out there.

-J

#6 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

Nice looking fish, where did you catch it? The only thing that resembles those fish around here would be a small tuna or a king mackerel.
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#7 Dble Haul

Dble Haul

I LOVE SD!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Joe Hard @ Aug 9 2005, 09:41 PM)
The only thing that resembles those fish around here would be a small tuna or a king mackerel.

Uh, it is a small tuna. wink.gif
Mark