Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Special South Monomoy Report-200 Plus Fish

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 striblue

striblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

Here is a copy of a report that I put on another Forum where I am the Striper Moderator. I lead a group of 9 other guys down to the southern most point of South Monomoy Island...that tip you see on a map... This is beach fishing in the North East at it's ultimate.......Here is the Report..... Maybe Will will come up someday..........."I will keep this short... I will post pictures Sunday Night since I don't have the computer attachement... We had one no show, but Jim Simms son took his place...Today was nothing short of the classic Rip trip that we have come to know. The weather was great, fog, 75 degrees , no or little wind from the W,SW... Smooth ride over.... With the rip not yet set up we started fishing right away.... at about 8:30...FredA was the first to hook up.. I was watching him as I was stripping then I hooked up...about a minute later all hell broke lose.... We were on fish for the next hour and one half.... Two keepers caught, one by Dave17 and the other, I forget....... To many double hookups to count, many triple hook ups, and two Quadruple hook ups I saw personally with me in one of them. Most fish to the mid 20's , light and sea lice...Then ...1/2 hour lull.... then fish hitting sporadically as the rip started to form... then another fluster with everyone hooking up...Just two more lulls though out the day lasting maybe 1/2 each... then more fish and double hook ups... Dave17 and Brad took he honnors with the most fish.....Big Blues started in the mix around 12 or 1..... Blues would hit as the fly dropped with the stripers hitting close to shore in the classic style.... Guys resting, eating ,watching others catch ,then viceversa. No really big fish today but we did not care... Just hard to describe... contant action all day....We figured over 200 hundred but maybe 250... with a couple guys hitting 30... and the rest of us in the 20's. I could not take pictures of the first hour and 1/2 since I was in the fray and the camera was back at Rip HQ. Some guy called me twice on my cell phone and left a message, imitating Keiths Voice telling me the wind was up and we would have to walk to the north tip, and he would see us in 6 hours... The voice sounded suspiciously like Penguin . ...Spectacular day, great company with great guys and tahnks again to Keith and the admiral... more later as the other guys drift in and I will post pics later...