Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Chatham-Off South Beach -Today AM

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sasuga

Sasuga

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:26 AM

A new addition to the fly pattern database has been submitted by Sasuga:

poxy back

#2 striblue

striblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 12:56 PM

Took off for Barn Hill ramp and off by 7Am, back at 12 noon.... Fog moved in heavy around 10:30... we had no fish finder , compass, fog horn, etc... Lucky I had my pocket GPS...Slack tide then incomming.... drifted Deep eels along with the current. Started hitting fat stripers but all were 27 1/2 to 24.... Picked up good size blues by motering back slowly and finding surface activity. Great morning.... Decided we better take a picture of one of these since It looked like we were not going to get any cows this morning... we will try again on Tuesday and I will hit North Monomoy tomorrow. At deep low we could not find the opening to the crib... great changes down there... If anyone does not think South beach will merge with South Monomoy go look at dead low at a minus tide like this morning at the entrance of the Southway... and you can throw a tennis ball from one side to other with little effort. Way different from last year.... keep in shape because the walking will get longer...but what possibilities.

Attached Files