Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Great White Off Monomoy- first hand report.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 striblue

striblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:05 PM

Here is a report from a friend of mine about an area we all fish on Cape Cod....

"Anyone planning on fishing the crib today, better of had cable on them. Flourocarbon and wire were not going to cut it today. Anyone sight fishing in the area of the crib, especially the area of the tip of South Monomoy, must of had the best day of sight casting ever!!

Today's top species to target ----Great White shark !!!!!!!
If I did not see it with my own eyes I would have never believed it. There was a 12-16 foot Great White right at the landing zone we have used in the past for the North tip of South Monomoy. There was about 6 ft of water at low and the machine was stuck with no way out till about 3pm this afternoon. We also had a pilot whale stuck in there on Friday.

Striblue, if your ever going to come up with those invisible waders, NOW WOULD BE A DAMN GOOD TIME!! If anyone plans on wading in the area of South Beach or Monomoy anytime soon, I would make sure your waders aint smelling to fishy

Juro, you may want to come up with a new Atlantis for the newest craz at Monomoy. $$$$

"I think we need a bigger boat!"

Capt Keith"

#2 Kingfisher

Kingfisher

It's better to have a rod and not need it than need a rod and not have it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:40 PM

John - Sounds like now might be a good time to come up with a harbor seal pattern!
Chris
Marine Scientist
NYC, Jersey Shore, Eastern PA, occasionally Downeast Maine

Big fish don't get big by being stupid.

#3 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:19 AM

shocking.gif