Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

11/21 Rhode Island

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jared

jared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:29 AM

Hit a few spots in Rhody with a friend on Sunday. Nothing of any great size, but pretty consistent action at nearly all the spots we hit. Schoolies near Quonny in the early AM, shad @ Weekapaug, a single striper @ Watch Hill, then schoolies back near Quonny again. No active birds over the fish we were catching except one tiny flurry -- and only saw one swirl all day, but the fish were there. Was actually suprised to see so many guys (mostly spinning) just hanging out watching/waiting for fish and/or birds to show...not going to catch anything that way! But no matter, to each his own.

Was an AWESOME display of Gannets by Quonny. Kicking myself for winterizing the boat already, as I'd have loved to witness that activity from closer range...oh yes, and mighty curious to see what might be hunting/eating from below what they were dive-bombing from above!

Probably the end of the saltwater season for me...now it's back to midges & trout.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

-jared