Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

F.Y.I.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DFix

DFix

New and improved, guaranteed to handle 3.4 gigs of translation per minute!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:01 PM

STATE CAPITOL BRIEFS
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 5:28 PM

WIND FARM COMMENT PERIOD EXTENDED, STATE PERMITTING REMAINS

At the request of opponents of the proposed Nantucket Sound wind farm, the US Army Corps of Engineers on Tuesday announced it will tack 45 more days onto the comment period for its environmental review of the proposed project. With the extension, the 105-day comment period will now end on Feb. 24, 2005. Supporters of the project were buoyed by the Nov. 9 release of the Army Corps’ draft environmental impact statement on the project, which prompted project opponents to ask for a longer comment period. The extension was requested by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the state’s Executive Office of Environmental Affairs, the Cape Cod Commission and US Rep. William Delahunt (D-Quincy), who represents the area affected by the proposed project.

Cape Wind Associates hopes to address regional energy needs by installing and operating 130 offshore wind turbine generators in
the sound. Critics say the project is environmentally unfriendly and will compromise the sound’s integrity and hurt tourism. In a statement, the Army Corps said the extension will allow local, state and federal permitting processes to be "synchronized as much as possible." Corps officials said decisions remain to be made at the state level, including the Massachusetts Energy Facilities Siting Board, the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and the Massachusetts Coastal Zone Management Office. Public hearings are scheduled in Martha’s Vineyard (Dec. 6), West Yarmouth (Dec. 7), Nantucket (Dec. 8), and Cambridge (Dec. 16).

#2 getholdofjoru

getholdofjoru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:27 PM

In the oceans or in the mountains, where to put these things? I'm all up for clean energy but I'd have to say this could really hurt tourism.
----JGR----

Check out my blog at www.thejgrdispatch.com

“Never confuse movement with action.” Ernest Hemingway

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." Jack London

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." Theodore Roosevelt

"Live every week like it's Shark Week." Tracy Morgan

#3 jared

jared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:54 PM

Not meaning any disrespect, but we call them "tourons" for a reason. I submit that the average "self-respecting" tourist is not likely to have the first clue what is going on...

Hoping to make one of the "local" hearings....probably the Cambridge one.

-j