Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Winter flyfishing for chubs in Bulgaria

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Radoslav Kiskinov

Radoslav Kiskinov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:19 AM

Hi guys,
It's me again Radoslav Kiskinov from Bulgaria.
I want to tell you more about flyfishing here, If you dont mind.
First let me tell you something about the country. My english is bad, ehehee, because my teacher was a bad girl, thah is why I'm using this site,

for what I want to tell you about: location, relief, waters etc.
We go flyfishing here for chubs and trout.
The trout is: rainbow, brown and brook. The chubs are one and only species.
Here the winter is cold and snowwy, and the fish is not that active. The trout is forbidden for fishing from Oktober to January.
The chub is forbidden form April to July. You can cath and release how much you want for a day, but you can only take 3 kg. of chub and 8 numbers of trout for a day.
I flyfish chub mostly with foam flies, as I explaine in "Entomology", but also can cath with dry flies like maylies, caddisflies, dragonflies and wet flies, and czech nymphs and other nymphs.
Here you are two articles about two of my last day fishing outlets on Struma river, my home river.

Next time if you want I'll happy to tell you more about flyfishing here.

I wish you best!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark
If you want to learn more about flyfishing in Bulgaria you may see my site www.akulata.com
and also be wellcome to our flyfishing forum: www.forums.akulata.com/

#2 GHow

GHow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Once Again,
Welcome aboard Shark biggrin.gif
I fish close to home. I do not have the money for far away trips so I will go after anything that swims and if they are in my back yard it is even better. I just want to share with you to our chub. Here on the east coast of America we call them Fallfish. I caught this chub last summer on the river where I grew up. My family and I live a few miles north but I have rediscovered what a great river it is.

user posted image

When I was a kid we would catch many different kinds of rough fish but the river was very dirty then. As the years have past I did not fish there at all. I fished in the lake where I now live. But now the river water is cleaner and the fishing is much better. I can catch Brown trout that live and spawn in the river and also Rainbows that are stocked by the state.

user posted image

But the fish I love to catch most is the smallmouth bass. I just started to fish this river again the last three years. The fish are not giants but there are many. I have not caught a big one in this stretch of water yet but I know they are out there swimming waiting for me this next spring.

user posted image

What I really want to share with you is the largest chub I have ever caught. This one was a few miles down the river below the last dam before it flows into a larger river and out to the ocean. This was over 15 years ago in the spring but I did not catch it on a fly. I was using a spinning reel set-up and casting a small spoon fishing for sea-run shad. I love the red cheeks they get in the spring just before they spawn.

user posted image

I think we will be seeing more of your adventures when the spring arrives. Many on this board are ready to show you what we can catch over here in the USA. This next picture is the biggest member of the chub family we have in our waters and many FTF members will be trying to catch one on a fly. Do you have any stories of catching carp on a fly?

user posted image

Remember to make your future posts in the warmwater section (for chubs and carp) or the coldwater section (for trout). You posted this story in the saltwater section.

Great to hear from Eastern Europe - GHow

Howie / Lake Congamond - West Suffield

#3 Radoslav Kiskinov

Radoslav Kiskinov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:52 AM

Hi, GHow,
thanks for explaning me the rules here. I want to apologise to the moderators here.
GHow, moderatosr, please somebody to explain me in a message the construction of the forum, the characteristics of the each forum, because I have more to write, and pictures to show, that I think you might be happy to see.
I shall wait in my inbox for messages of you.
I'm sorry again for the trouble I did, please, the moderators of this forum, replace the topic I post in the right place. I'll be obliged to you for this.

Best to you all, and be ready for the information, comming soon!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark
If you want to learn more about flyfishing in Bulgaria you may see my site www.akulata.com

#4 striblue

striblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

Rad..first off.... we want your posts... they are informative and important... if you can it might be good for you to simply write them up in the post or even "cut and Paste"..that way you yourself can do the editing if you wish to focus on certain things.

#5 Radoslav Kiskinov

Radoslav Kiskinov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (striblue @ Jan 21 2005, 11:50 AM)
Rad..first off.... we want your posts... they are informative and important... if you can it might be good for you to simply write them up in the post or even "cut and Paste"..that way you yourself can do the editing if you wish to focus on certain things.

Hi, striblue,
I saw, that my urls are missing now,did the moderators erased them, is that because I dont focus?
If there is problem with posting things written in bulgarian, ok, I'm sorry, I'll try to cut only the pictures and to write about them in english, is it ok?
I'll happy to read some answers to know how to continue. I would like to tell me where iI do make mistakes, because I dont want to bother you.
Best to you all guys!
Rado

#6 Big Daddy Hubbard

Big Daddy Hubbard

President of the North Alabama Steelhead Assoc., Hogswaller, KY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

did someone say "smallmouth"? biggrin.gif

#7 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Radoslav Kiskinov @ Jan 21 2005, 02:47 PM)

I saw, that my urls are missing now,did the moderators erased them, is that because I dont focus?
If there is problem with posting things written in bulgarian, ok, I'm sorry
Rado

Not sure what happened to your URL's, but we're all interested. Perhaps it was on your end dunno.gif I highly doubt that any one of the moderators on this forum would have restricted them.

BTW, I'm working on the Pattern Data Base for you. wink.gif
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.