Fly Tying
Chris H

Historic Sites, Abandoned Buildings & Plane Wrecks On Vancouver Is

Hi everyone. A while back I purchased a Nikon D3100 and got out to shoot some photos! Here are just a few I thought I would share on the site!

WW2 Plane wreck out in the bush

26.jpg

14.jpg

-------------------

Here is a small home build plane that crash just past a runway, It crashed on take off

1.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

-------------------

An Abandoned saw mill that used to be part of an old town site

2.jpg

6.jpg

-------------------

Some Abandoned Vehicles/Parts close by a beautiful lake which ocne was the site of a logging town

5.jpg

1.jpg

-------------------

An interesting cave/small mine shaft - Still wires hanging from areas of the roof leading to old sticks of TNT?

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

-------------------

Part of the site of an old coal mine

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

-------------------

Bridge Pilling that used to connect an old open pit mine to the now abandoned processing plant area across the river

5.jpg

-------------------

One of my more favorite areas, One of BC's earliest coal mines. The beach is littered with steel parts, train tracks and so on

40.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

30.jpg

16.jpg

14.jpg

Foremans house - Amazing view off the cliffs edge down to the beach

6.jpg

Well thanks for looking everyone. These photos were from the earlier days of owning the camera, exposure times and such are way off on some shoots. Just wanted to share my exploring experiances

Chris,

Thanks Paul, its an interesting location. I believe they called that a steam donkey back in the day, The size of it and the cable it must have used it wild!

Some great shots. The scrap metal value there could buy you a few beautiful vices!

is that a dc10 in first shot?

Great shots, great location. Lots of history there.

If I remember correctly (the first thing to go is the memory, and the second thing is the memory), the C47 was the military designation for the DC3, some of which are still flying today. Real workhorse of a plane.

It sure looks like it would have been a work horse! it ran out of gas though trying to come back around to land after missing the runway the first time

I lived on the edge and went in, judging by the difficulty to get to those holes I'd say there is still something in them,but they are very old

post-45403-0-17807300-1350701570_thumb.jpg

post-45403-0-96534800-1350701557_thumb.jpg

Took a drive out to a local rec site and managed to get a couple photos of a washed up wooden boat before the rain hit. I forgot to go out on low tide though

You could always take a battery with you and hook it up to those wires, Chris. Just to see if some lights come on or something .... no?