Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gundriver64

Bob P's fleyefoils

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells fleyefoils online that ship in a reasonable amount of time? The last vendor I used it took them 3 weeks to ship.

TIA!

G

Before you blame the vendor, look at just how it was shipped. Many vendors are now shipping through third party services. All the vendor does is email a third party to come pickup your order, and it turn that third party may sit on your order while the original vendor thinks it has been shipped. You get a copy of a shipping notice, and you can easily track it. I have had several orders from various sources take much longer than in the past.

One shipment from a shop I usually got products in 3 to 4 days, took much longer. When I checked the tracking info, I found the package had been picked up by a 3th party and stayed there for 6 days before being transferred to the USPS. USPS got the package to me in 3 more days. NOT what I expected. But this is becoming a common trend with smaller places. I have no confidence that you can count on anyone to get product out as quickly as in the past.

You can, and should contact the shop and complain about the switch to a third party pickup service. That is IF they are using one. These third party pickup services are a good deal for the shops, but NOT for the consumer.

I hear you on long shipping times. Wether the vendor ships it's own product or has someone else ship them, if the shipping time is long it's a deciding factor for me at times. Personally I avoid places that use Fed Ex. Where I live, it's almost always two to five days past the shipping time places give me, where UPS and the Post Ofiice are almost always a day to four days eariler then the time given.

Like Utyer said, it could be a third party problem.

Or it could be a particular shipping outfit doesn't like your address.

The only time I put up with slow shipping is when Im ordering from an outfit that has to make what I need and is up front about the orders that they have fill before my order...

Im currently waiting for a 1000 piece leadhead order that wont even be ready to ship for another three weeks. Im just fine with it because the goods are first rate and the supplier has been very accurate about shipping times in the past.

Thanks Guys! Will check out Bear's Den.

Cheers,

G

Don't be afraid of bears den postage. They only charge the actual post office charges