Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Please trade!!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:52 PM

I need size 2 and 1/0 hooks. I can give you caribou hair and fox strips (rabbit strips except fox fur.) I am even willing to buy them (Mikechell, can I do that?)

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,562 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

TIER ... as I explained, you now have more than 40 posts.  You can trade, buy and sell to your heart's content.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:08 PM

Thanks. Any size 2 and/or 1/0 hooks?

#4 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,562 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:17 PM

I don't think I have any of either of those. 

I might have some 1/0 stinger hooks, but I think the ones I have are 2/0.  And then I jump to 5/0 worm hooks in one direction and size 6 in the other.  I'm at work, 47 miles from home at the moment, so I don't know off the top of my head.  Also, I know I don't have very many, maybe 5 or 6 of the stinger hooks.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#5 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

TIER, since your willing to buy, I suggest Sportsman's Warehouse on
423 Merhar Ave., Fairbanks, AK 99701 .
You're in Fairbanks, aren't you?
It's about as cheap as the postage.

#6 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:43 PM

I live in delta, 2 hours away.

#7 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

I just ordered and received some hooks from E-bay China and was very impressed.

They look very similar to Owner Mosquito hooks and are in my opinion as sharp.

The only difference is the black nickle is a little lighter in color and the wire they are made from are slightly thicker on the China hooks...not a bad thing.

#2 hook is the equivalent to the #11 China hook ...Cost: 100 hooks for $2.29 shipped.

1/0 hook is the equivalent to the #15 China hook...Cost: 100 hooks for $3.19 shipped.

Shipping time 21 days.

E-Bay Search : 100 Pcs/lot Fishing Hooks Big Hook High Carbon Steel Bait Holder Fishhook 3#-16

1/0 Owner on Left #15 China on Right

AHg1h0y.jpg

#8 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:16 PM

# 11 China Hook

LNhqePM.jpg

#9 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

Thanks fshng2, craft fur or fish hair? And what size eyes?
cb27

#10 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

Thanks fshng2, craft fur or fish hair? And what size eyes?

You are welcome CB

Copper Baitfish Size #2

1. Silver foil:  Wrap down the hook and back again; coat with UV resin (optional).

2. Belly: White buck-tail 2x hook length tied in tapered.

3. FTD Crystal Hair: Hot White 10 strands tied in, then doubled back over itself and tied down (gives off a subtle sparkle like a bait-fish).

4. FTD Northern Lights: Copper Brown 8 strands tied in doubled back as above.

5. Add a 1/2 hitch and a touch of CA glue now.

6. Over Wing: Bison dark chocolate (back of a soft crinkly buck-tail, or any dark supple hair) length is 50% longer than the finished tail length. Tie in 30% then doubled back as above. Next create a few turn thread dam for the nose of the fly, whip finish and CA glue.

7. Eyes: 6mm with glue removed from the back with alcohol. Attached with generous amount of Bohning Fletch Tite.

Attach eyes so that no part protrudes below the thread work so as to aide in hooking fish.

#11 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Hey tier, I've got some of these mfc salmon hooks in 1/0 of those will work for you, I might be able to hunt down a few other things you can put use as well.

Attached Files

#12 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:40 PM

Hey tier, I've got some of these mfc salmon hooks in 1/0 of those will work for you, I might be able to hunt down a few other things you can put use as well.

That would be awesome! I'll PM you my address. What fur do you want? I also have so much black hackle it ain't even funny!

#13 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

I have Mustad 3366 hooks in 2 and 1/0 that i would trade for Fox strips and/or black hackle. PM me a snail mail address if you want to trade.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#14 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

I have Mustad 3366 hooks in 2 and 1/0 that i would trade for Fox strips and/or black hackle. PM me a snail mail address if you want to trade.

It says you can't receive any more messages. 

#15 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

Sorry about that TIER, my inbox has been cleared now. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman