Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Soft hackled

4 replies to this topic

#1 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Pale_zpsb7c53abd.jpg

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#2 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Nice one Piker. I don't recognize the hackle on that. It has a nice soft color.

Shoebop

#3 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

Its some goose that I dyed a pale yellow with some kool aid. I've enjoyed making some paler shades of purples and pinks and yellows with dyes.

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

#4 Crackaig

Crackaig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Just an observation. Why did you put the red fibres in as a beard hackle rather than as a wing? Just wondering how the fly will swim. Nice combination of colours in it. Hopefully it'll get ripped up in the jaws of lots of sea trout.

Cheers,

C.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
by the clean end"

#5 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

Its a very heavy gauge hook so should sit right. I did consider a squirrel wing but I'll give it a swim and see

Reply to this topic