Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Brace of size #3 Black Heron's to fish

12 replies to this topic

#1 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

They will more likely end up in a tree :) few errant fibers that will get snipped.

imagejpg1_zpsbe5fc951.jpg

#2 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Lovely. When you going to start turning me green with some hogs on these flies?
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#3 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Oh yeah i nearly forgot what fishing is, Monday will post some chrome as the season opens on Saturday then i have the week off to wade around the rivers! Lets hope fishing is as good as i remember it to be. Taking ChefBen to the river on Thurs/ Fri for Steelhead.

#4 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Awesome. One of you should hopefully hook up. Just try to stop Ben tying on anything with a /0 after it and you'll be fine.

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

#5 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hahaha! The thing is the steel like some pretty huge stuff at times, it is just setting the hook with a big iron.

Beautiful day here, sun, afternoon off, opened up the doors, a dude playing chilled jazzy/ blues saxophone on the street, sitting tying...will add a blue charm which failed a bit but will swim.

imagejpg1_zps9f9b29f8.jpg

#6 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Whats with the blue coins? Some kid that buys lots of candy at your local 9-11

#7 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hehe i think last week i was using the yellow quarter, colourful coins, plastic bills with pictures of the international space station.image.jpg

#8 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

They're on about plastic money over here. Say it lasts 2 to 3 X longer than paper stuff. But the coloured coins got to be costing a small fortune for tax payers adding a dye to various coins??

#9 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

I prefer the plastic money coming from Aus we had it since the early 90's, and it makes sense you can go for a surf with money in your pocket, or wash your jeans and not have lint disaster. Yeah funny with the coloured coins there are entire series of them and not too sure why loads of different quarters with printing on them. We also just turfed the penny so maybe the copper helped pay for the mint to do up colourful stuff, or someone has been into the mushrooms? I might just have to ask google...

#10 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Suppose when your making the stuff whats a few thousands/millions/billions. Just bang out somemore.

#11 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yeah seen a few from the states with interesting design, was a leaping salmon on one from Washington, i know we have jock scott stamps, but hmm would make a nice coin.

#12 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Did a brace of #3 fishing grey heron's but did not have grey hackle so just used this natural i have, and i used a green coin this time hahaha

imagejpg1_zpsbf80109e.jpg

#13 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

Like the really long one.

Reply to this topic