Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jfish

Looking for a simple caddis worm (MI)

I'm heading to Michigan soon and I want to tie some nymphs to run under the indicator and the pin for some lake run rainbows.

I have some caddis green chenille and some scud hooks. Looking for a simple pattern. Any help is appreciated.

I don't like to be impersonal or appear trite but here's a link to more caddis patterns than you could possibly use. I'm from MI and fish for steelhead myself and I can tell you there is no magic caddis pattern Any caddis pattern will work just fine.

www.google.com/search?q=caddis+nymph+flies&biw=1024&bih=513&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Wc0tVOmVKI-gyASMo4CACA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Along with what Shoebop says, up until a week ago I was able to log into the Fly Pattern Database where there's lots of pretty pictures, but unfortunately I can't get there any more, and on top of that, many if not most posted flies on the FPDB don't include a pattern... just a picture. I've found by going to Google Images and then searching <(fly name) pattern> is the BEST way to get links to lots of patterns.

I tried looking it up on Google and it's very vague. That's why I'm asking you guys. I did many searches before my post so I wouldn't end up with a negative response. I guess that's forum territory.

Nothing vague about Google at all. Just click on the link on any photo and there is usually a website with a SBS or a video. If that is not specific enough then go directly to You Tube.