Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fishin_Chip

Monster pike strike right at the boat!

I thought you guys might enjoy this little video I shot in August of 2011.

It was one of my first efforts with the GoPro. I have since added a polarizing filter, there was a significant portion of the vid that was removed in the edit because there was nothing to see. I teased this fish for over a minute, she was within 2 feet of the fly for the whole time, but the surface glare totally obscured the camera view. Watching water and a twitching rod tip for a minute would surely have made this a popular video, LOL!

I apologize for the promotional bits, the only version I have online at this time is on the Wollaston Lake Lodge channel at youtube, and it is there to help promote the lodge.

The fish is about 45 inches long, about 20 lbs or so, a nice fish. Enjoy

Very cool! It's crazy how the fish is all but invisible before the attack.

That is just the camera. With my polarized glasses, I was looking at her for over a minute before I got her to hit. She was very visible to me. That was a big reason for the "BlurFix" adapter and polarizing filter upgrade on my GoPro. It works awesome, by the way. I just need to go out and get another big girl to cooperate for the camera, should be easy!