Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
David 82nd

What's for lunch Today

Just a quick story ... many years ago, my siblings (5 of them) and I were all on a "group E-mail" list with each other. There were daily mails about life, in general. At the time, I was doing a lot of E-mail work with students, and just got to the point, I didn't want to receive the "I had toast and eggs" messages.

I asked to be taken on the group list. A huge argument erupted and I eventually blocked every one of them until they got it into their heads that I didn't want the daily ... updates on mundane family matters.

I honestly don't know if they all still E-mail each other. For that matter, I don't even know if they are all still alive. I haven't E-mailed or talked to some of them since that argument happened.

I've also never understood the pictures of a plate of food ... I truly do not care what another's meal looks like.

No offense, David, but you'll never see me type out a post on my latest meal.

Picked fresh spinach out of my garden this am. So spinach salad with strawberries, red onion, toasted slivered almonds, and balsamic vinager.

PS, no offence but I don't think Mike is a fan of the Food Network

Just a quick story ... many years ago, my siblings (5 of them) and I were all on a "group E-mail" list with each other. There were daily mails about life, in general. At the time, I was doing a lot of E-mail work with students, and just got to the point, I didn't want to receive the "I had toast and eggs" messages.

I asked to be taken on the group list. A huge argument erupted and I eventually blocked every one of them until they got it into their heads that I didn't want the daily ... updates on mundane family matters.

I honestly don't know if they all still E-mail each other. For that matter, I don't even know if they are all still alive. I haven't E-mailed or talked to some of them since that argument happened.

I've also never understood the pictures of a plate of food ... I truly do not care what another's meal looks like.

No offense, David, but you'll never see me type out a post on my latest meal.

No offense taken at all mike ..just mixing things up a little getting to know everyone , but if you're ever in upstate New York let's go out for lunch My treat lol

Be my pleasure. I DO like to eat, just ain't interested in seeing (or reading about) what others are eating for a particular meal. wink.png

Meeshka ... what's the "Food Network"? rolleyes.gif

I will tell you what my favorite foods are, though!

Fried fish, corn on the cob and Morel Mushrooms battered and sauteed in butter.

The only thing I DON'T eat, is hot spices. If it burns, it ain't food.

Fortunately, wife and I are both that way, so we don't have arguments on how spicy a dish should be.

I will try anything, as long as it's not burning spicy.

Chopped into fries and chips, battered, and fried up some fresh squash and zucchini from my garden. Also made some deep fried crab balls with some crab in the freezer from my last trip to the coast.

That was my lunch yesterday. Likely won't eat one today.

Chopped into fries and chips, battered, and fried up some fresh squash and zucchini from my garden. Also made some deep fried crab balls with some crab in the freezer from my last trip to the coast.

That was my lunch yesterday. Likely won't eat one today.

That sounds good , today was some tuna/ w tomatoes , pretty boring lol

That reminds me, I left my lunchbox at work. There's a sandwich in it, too. They bought us pizza. I had the bbq bacon. Papa John's. That's why the sandwich wasn't eaten.

Sonic today. Just got off work at the dog shelter and I'm starving.

Chicken club with fries and a large root beer. Yes please.

The usual for me, most days. Cup of Greek yogurt and an apple.