Fly Tying
flytire

Navy pilots seeing UFO's

Used to have a lot of UFO landings around here back in the late '70s, someone showed me a book about them once. I believe all the actual witnesses are deceased by now. Ritual butchering of cows might have connected to those landings. I was back east at the time and only heard the stories.

We've never had no sasquatch in this area, as far as I know. There were passenger pigeons though.

I believe, with absolute certainty, that there are no E.T. UFOs. I'm a firm believer because there are only two possibilities.

1. Faster-than-light travel is possible. In this situation, UFOs wouldn't need "hide". Wouldn't need to show up in rural areas and abduct the most idiotic members of the population. We'd KNOW they were here. We'd have full and obvious contact.

2. Faster-than-light travel is NOT possible (more likely). In this situation, there's likely no intelligence that's built a multi-generational craft, nor suspended animation systems that would allow travel to THIS location.

If option 2 is true ... and some species DID come this way, the ship would be too massive to miss. It wouldn't be tiny saucers, but ships large enough to support entire civilizations. Again, there'd be no covert actions. They'd be here and we'd KNOW. Possibly, one of the best movies depicting this probability is, "District 9".

All these blurry photos and bogus, backwoods abductions are BS.

To the contrary. There's no conclusive evidence for UFOs. There's only interpretation of evidence ... and it can be interpreted any way you want.

Again ... to paraphrase the Mercedes Benz commercials: FTL, it either is ... or it isn't. Either way, "they" would have no need nor time for subterfuge.

If ETs came, they would lol and fly away.

What if we are ants and there is something else on a higher level, comparatively, like humans. Now back in our reality, do you think the ants can see us? They don't move when I approach or react to me, they react to stimli which I introduce, but not me. It's like they don't even know I exist. Strange, eh?

We like to think we are on top of the food chain and the smartest species, maybe ants do as well.

The latest studies say the universe is made up of at least two trillion galaxies and a conservative estimate by scientist / people much smarter than me, of something like 30 billion possible planets. To think we are the only intelligent life form in existence is actually a statistical improbability.

BTW-

"The truth is out there"

-Spooky Mulder

biggrin.png

Oh, I fully believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe, probably a lot of it. I also believe there is intelligent life ... and likely a lot of that. But higher forms of life, intelligence, requires ... more. We're only here because we have the Moon. Without that influence, a planet could have all the ingredients and still not evolve higher forms of life. Chance is a fickle survival tool. We're extremely fortunate.

However, even if there are a few thousand planets with sentient species in our galaxy, we could be so far from the nearest as to make them impossible to detect. And impossible for them to detect us.

We've never had visitors from another planet.

Reckon they was here and found no "intelligent life forms" and went on?

All through the history of Science, Science has been disproved by the next Scientist. I kinda like the "we are ants" theory. Introduced stimuli could explain some huge jumps in our intelligence level at sporadic times. Example, the leap from tent to pyramids. The invention of the shirt pocket.

Reckon they was here and found no "intelligent life forms" and went on?

Highly improbable. If there was NO intelligent life at the time ... they would've colonized the planet. AND they would've kept up their science and space faring ways. We would not have been given the chance to evolve.

And we CAN'T be "them", since we've had to discover all we know through our history. That would be like the Mayflower dropping off the pilgrims like "Naked and Afraid", and then sailing off, never to return.

Mike, what if we are "their" slaves? Brought alongside them to help mine the planet before they left, with us on it, the idiot species built for this place, to do manual labor under strict guidance (which humans do quite well), requiring food readily available on this planet, who reproduces for many years, quickly and willingly lol, etc.

We might not be "them" but "they" could have left us here, and here we are, stuck, forever!!

:D

Look this is really really simple and was fully explained by Douglass Adams in the 1970's.

We live in an infinite universe,

We know though that not all planets are inhabited.

Therefore, there are a finite number of people.

Any finite number divided by infinity equals zero.

If the average population of the universe is zero, then the actual population of the universe must also be zero.

Therefore, anyone you meet is the product of a deranged imagination.

I don't know about you but I find this a great reassurance with all the stupid people I meet from day to day.

;P

Cheers,

C.

Mike, what if we are "their" slaves? Brought alongside them to help mine the planet before they left, with us on it, the idiot species built for this place, to do manual labor under strict guidance (which humans do quite well), requiring food readily available on this planet, who reproduces for many years, quickly and willingly lol, etc.

We might not be "them" but "they" could have left us here, and here we are, stuck, forever!!

biggrin.png

Not an "impossible" ... but, where's the evidence. If we helped " ... mine the planet before they left ..." then there'd be ... MINES.

There'd be no resources left for us to use through the Bronze and Iron ages.

There'd have been no "Industrial Revolution".

People use all kinds of "rationalizations" to say we've been visited ... but none of them hold up under conclusive evidence.

But you're right about one thing ... we ARE stuck here, forever. wink.png

Mike, I have no idea of what is true or real, I like exploring theories and thinking about them though smile.png

You are assuming that mining means the same thing to us as it did to them, maybe I should use a different word but point being we are a "tool" species left behind.

We don't know what the earth was like a long, long, long time ago, even though we theorize it's still theories. Therefore we cannot comprehend what might have existed, especially if it's not within the scope of our understanding.

What if fossil fuels we mine today are leftover byproducts of what was taken. What if mining was simply removing what was on earth's surface at that time, or on a larger scale what if by mining ETs were able to move tectonic plates and capture the energy (maybe that's why Pangea become and is not more!). We tend to think in terms of what we know, but if we take all of that away, then the possibilities become endless (I don't mean we take away all the logic, lol!). There are so many things we do not know exist let alone understand, then there are many many things we think exists but do not understand (dark energy / black matter / etc. as examples), that it's completely possible.