Fly Tying

Xmas bugs

Round head top water flies. Like those commercial flies ... there was a thread not too long ago ... with the round heads. Acconda? Accosta?

Anyway ... they look great !!!

Pretty cool Guy.

Im going to find me some of those heads, the eyes I get those locally at Bass Pro...they are my favorites and cheap compared to the other popular ones

Fellows, these are soft styrofoam balls common on fake flowers that are "fastened" to the hooks....not round corks. Little trick to glue to the hook since all glues I've tried melted the styrofoam. Magic!

Yeh the eyes are in the bass plug/accessories at BP not in fly section much cheaper. The red eyes are fabric paint drop eyes on Twinkie waxed cardboard. The lil white ones don't float the big hook so made very slow sinker/neutral.

Round head top water flies. Like those commercial flies ... there was a thread not too long ago ... with the round heads. Acconda? Accosta?

Anyway ... they look great !!!

I agree that they look great. Similar to the "Round Dinny" by Accardo. They were advertised to rock back and forth wiggling their legs, with almost no forward movement. Great for fishing pads.