Fly Tying
hexfli

Warmwater Species

What warmwater fish is your favorite to cast flies too?  

931 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing rips a rod out of your hand like a pike....That is my vote but I do fish smallies more often...Even the smallest snake hits so hard you think it is a 10 pound plus fish...

Seriously how many of you have been embarassed when you get a pike to shore or the boat after proclaiming the size of the fish...I know that it isn't just me...

They are an impressive fish indeed.

So far it has been largemouth, But with the help of the expert smallie fishermen on this site, I hope join the Smalliehunter Jr Flyfisherman's Club.

BFR (S.J.F.C. wannabe)

Whats the difference between pike and musky?

In my experience I've never seen a pike go airborn, seems like they always dive. Musky on the other hand will try some smallmouth like acrobbatics to get off your line

Smallies and Pike, arn't them some cold water fish wink.gif Here in Texas, there are few places that have those two so I just have to make do with LMB and BG. biggrin.gif