Fly Tying
stabgnid

Feather Emporium ??????

I live by the 3 strike rule ..David hit the third strike .. I never had a problem with them always got my feathers in a reasonable amount of time .. I read the horror stories and always stuck with him till now This is what I ordered on May 2nd

Description Unit price Qty Amount Whiting Hackle 25 Packs
Item# whpg100 dyed on grizzly: grizzly
hook size: 18
$6.50 USD 1 $6.50 USD Whiting Hackle 25 Packs
Item# whpg100 browns: brown
hook size: 16
$6.50 USD 1 $6.50 USD Coq de Leon Tailing Packs - 12 feathers
Item# cdltail12 color: pardo
$7.50 USD 1 $7.50 USD Subtotal $20.50 USD Total $20.50 USD Payment $20.50 U

Yes I'm pissed over 20.00 I live on a fixed income and my fly tying budget has gone down a lot so this is like gold to me .. I have sent 2 emails no response so I called him 1st time he said he was on a ladder painting and he would call back so I called him back that evening no answer cannot leave message box full .. I waited a day and called back He was chasing his dog that was loose It was funny so we hung up and he called me back in a few minutes and low a behold my wife doctor called and I had to call him back well I did he said that he had been sick and that he was behind and to call him back later that afternoon I did got no answer that was Wednesday .. Thursday I sent another Email still no answer .. called Friday will not answer his Phone box is full.. I love his stuff because I can get what I need without spending the big bucks on capes..

Up Sh*t Creek !!

Steve-stabgnid

***Little Info This was my 6 or 7 order from them never had any problems till now ****

I never did business with him but from all the threads on him, I get the impression he has a good product for a good price but doesn't or can't handle the volume of business.

Yes, I have had almost the same experience. I bought from him once, and I never heard from them for 2 weeks. Finally I called, no answer, called again the next day, no answer. I left 4 messages, and multiple emails. Finally I sent an email with the subject saying "I WANT MY MONEY BACK" and I got a response. HAHA He said the same thing (he was sick) and then told me he was out of one of the products I ordered. That it won't be available for a week or so, but also said that the quality of the feathers were better on this order, so he would have to collect $5 more from me. HAHA I was like no.... NOPE I'm not paying you $5 more after already paying for an item you never shipped 3 weeks after I place an order. You should be giving me $5 off my order! LOL He then proceeded to put me down for being cheep and gave me crap about it. So..... yeah I won't buy from him, even though he has great stuff at good prices.

This is what I ordered on May 2nd

... on a ladder painting and he would call back ...

... He was chasing his dog that was loose ...

... he said that he had been sick and that he was behind ...

If he is a one man operation ... then it's possible these are actual reasons, and not just hollow excuses. it's been three weeks since you ordered ... and many companies claim "...expect your package in 3 to 6 weeks." I usually don't expect anything to arrive before the 4 week buffer. Earlier is then icing on the cake.

I've never ordered from F.E. so I am not defending ... just saying.

I wouldn't mess with a guy who paints on a ladder and chases dogs while he is sick. Must be one tough guy.

Joe

Who is this??

Do a search. This subject has been well covered.

I ordered from Collins just got the commercial grab bag not as nice as whiting but got what I asked for for 15 bucks a pop and he shipped very quickly.

I've learned over the years that you pay for customer service. Example; I just had four windows replaced by a local company who has been in business for decades. They are slightly more expensive then most other area window companies. They have a store that has regular business hours staffed by a number of full time employees. We had a problem with the installation, we called, they answered, they sent a job foreman out. They recognized the problem, admitted their mistake and they are now replacing all of the exterior trim. No questions, no extra fees. I can't see how they are not losing money on the job. Fact is they cost more because their customer service is the best you will ever find which is why we pay more for them. That level of service costs money and is factored into their pricing.

I like to save money everywhere I can but sometimes for some things you have to pay retail. While fly tying stuff can be expensive it goes a long way. This fella obviously has good prices because he has no overhead which includes no employees, no wharehouse, no storefront, no telephone (a cell phone don't count) and no customer service. This is not a business model I would support. In this case your saving a few dollars in exchange for long delivery times, runaround and full voice mail boxes.

I have sent 2 emails no response so I called him 1st time he said he was on a ladder painting and he would call back so I called him back that evening no answer cannot leave message box full ..

He told me the same thing last week when I called him. I'm not calling him back,because if he falls off his ladder while on the phone with me,I'd feel responsiblelaugh.png I'm not too upset,because I only ordered one item.My first order with him last year,came really fast.So if I average out my first order with him "Really Fast" with my second order "Really Slow",I end up with medium service.biggrin.png

I just think the guy gets really over whelmed at times,and he could use a little help,but maybe he can't afford the extra overhead.He reminds me of a buddy of mine,so I'm kinda used to his temperament.My buddy means well,but he really spreads himself thin at times..

P.S

If he lived closer,I'd paint his house in exchange for some bird feathers.tongue.png

A year or maybe two years now I ordered a cape from him that was horrible. It was my second or third purchase from him. The stems were weak and would break on every wrap. He says he has a satisfaction guarantee so I shipped it back. I never could get him on the phone and his voice mail was full. Over a month many emails went unanswered. I am really glad I paid with PayPal. I disputed it and they immediately refunded my money. Never again.

I've had good luck with him in the past, small one man operation, may he isn't as fast as the warehouse dealers? Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction Steve.