Fly Tying
Patriot

Need a source for TMC212 hooks

I've found these hooks in a lot of UK vendor shops, but none in the US that sell them in packs of 100. If anyone knows of a source I'd love to have the link. I emailed a vendor that carries a good selection of TMC hooks - at a very reasonable price - about carrying these hooks, but never heard back from them.

I want these because they come in smaller sizes than the usual 'klinkhamer' hooks do. I have several packs of Daiichi 1160's, but these only go down to size #20.

Any and all suggestions will be greately appreciated.

Thanks!

Umpqua still carries them down to a size 17 in 100 packs.

Kimo

Thanks for the info.

I emailed Umpqua this morning about locating a vendor, but have not heard back from them. However, if all they carry is down to a size #17 hook, then that would be no help. I would like to have those hooks in sizes #19 - #23, in 100 packs.

I have to wonder why UK vendor's have these hooks all day long, but here in the US we scarcely see them?? Makes no sense to me.

I appreciate your feedback.

Either pay the premium price or use a substitute. TMC2487 or the like would be a reasonable alternative, or maybe the Partridge or Daiichi Klinkhammer hooks. In this day and age, with the plethora of hook types and supplies out there, there should be no reason why one should waste time hunting down just one hook model/manufacturer, but YMMV.

Either pay the premium price or use a substitute. TMC2487 or the like would be a reasonable alternative, or maybe the Partridge or Daiichi Klinkhammer hooks. In this day and age, with the plethora of hook types and supplies out there, there should be no reason why one should waste time hunting down just one hook model/manufacturer, but YMMV.

Your points are all valid.

Funny you should mention the TMC2487, because that is hook I was using yesterday to tie some nymphs. I use both the 2487 and the 2457's for nymphs, but I have to admit, I think the Klinkhamer style 'emerger' hooks are very cool and appropriate. My Daiichi 1160's in size #20 are great hooks, but I still would like to have that hook style in smaller sizes.

Thanks for your comments.

Www.performanceflies.com. Has a lot of the technical trout stuff. You might enjoy looking at their cadre of items.

Www.performanceflies.com. Has a lot of the technical trout stuff. You might enjoy looking at their cadre of items.

Thanks for the info.

I took a look at their site and they have a great hook selection. I appreciate the info.

Well, I heard back from Hans from Dakota Anglers. It seems that he may be able to get the smaller sized TMC212Y hooks in packs of 100.

We'll see.

Patriot,

You might want to take a look at the Firehole Sicks 316 & 413. The 413 will be available at some point, down to #24:

https://fireholeoutdoors.com/firehole-sticks/

I got a few of them while I was up in Bozeman, MT:

PT/TB

Thanks for your post and the Firehole link. I have never come across their website - or their awesome hooks.

I just ordered two packs of the 413 hooks in size #20. 50 hook packs for $10!!! That's insane, but I'm good. I the non-barb style saves time and I like that.

I wish I had a way to contact them to let them know that I'm ready to purchase these same hooks in smaller sizes, but I found no way to contact them. Odd.

Thanks again for the info.

P.S. Wait! I just received an email from them - four actually - and one of them did have an email address for "joe'. I'm good now. My order has already shipped. This company is amazing!biggrin.png